About the job Intraday Power Trader (Balancing and Nominations Department)
We represent the interests of a large international energy holding company, which specializes in electricity, gas, coal and gas condensate trading across the EU.
The range of services offered by our Partner cover not only energy supply contracts and extensive energy management solutions, but also complex risk and portfolio management solutions. The company build a customer oriented business focusing on the reliability of supply and high-quality services. The Company's offices are located in several regions of the EU, which gives the opportunity to grow dynamically and conduct active power trading activities.
Expanding activities in the CE & SEE region, we are looking for an experienced Intraday Power Trader (Balancing and Nominations Department), who is ready to join Traders Team and strengthen the Company's activities in the EU Energy Markets.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Developing the trading strategies for spot trading on CEE and Eastern Balkans (Romania, Bulgaria, Greece) markets: Day Ahead and Intraday markets including XBID, DAM fixing 1/2, Balancing market, storage and capacity portfolio optimization
- Execution of trading strategies OTC and on local power exchanges
- Formation of a portfolio of counterparties under bilateral agreements
- Preparing and developing trading models and assisting Trading Analytics Department
- Participation in further business development of the company in CE/SEE market and implementation of new capabilities
The Required Skills and Background:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Economics/Finance/Math/Energy
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- General understanding of Commodity markets functioning in EU
- Deep understanding of CE and SEE power markets
- Experience in wholesale OTC trading
- An experienced user of exchange platforms (EEX, TGE, BRM, CEEGEX, etc.)
- Understanding and experience in the analysis of fundamentals of the CE/SEE energy markets
- English B2+ (is a must); other languages is a plus but not obligatory
- Possibility to work during the weekend or other time out of standard range due the specific of DA and ID trading
- Career growth and influence on the business with the team of experienced professionals that operates on international energy markets across the EU
- A high level of personal responsibility in a highly motivated team and the opportunity to contribute and implement your own ideas in the fast-paced business
- Competitive salary level with high bonus rates
- Full-time onsite role in a modern office in Zagreb
- A good level of extra benefits
Salary level: Salary range will be formed after the final interview phase and will be based on your professional experience and personal expectations.
If you want to know more information about this career opportunity, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Title "Intraday Power Trader" and we will provide more details about this opportunity.