About the job Lawyer (Legal Adviser)
Position: Lawyer (Renewable Energy Projects)
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Work format: Full-time / Employment Agreement
We have a great career opportunity of a Lawyer in Ukrainian Renewable Energy company with head office in Kyiv.
Our Partner owns and operates a large portfolio of renewable energy projects in Ukraine. The company focuses on the construction of large solar and wind projects, with an emphasis on sustainable development and reducing the impact of harmful emissions on the environment. Currently, the total capacity of the commissioned SPP projects is 576 MW. The company has also recently expanded its activities to develop large-scale wind energy projects.
We are currently looking for a responsible, highly motivated and experienced Lawyer (Legal Adviser) who will be involved in the legal support of the development of the company's renewable energy projects (Solar and Wind), responsible for regulatory issues and providing legal advice to the Management and Team.
- Conducting a detailed legal analysis, including assessments of the materiality of risks and probabilities of their occurrence, identifying uncertainties, and preparing recommendations for management
- Partnership with other departments to defend the company's interests - assistance and documentary support during inspections by government agencies, court processes, public discussions, etc.
- Review and preparation of contracts, execution of powers of attorney, protocols, letters, appeals, verification of the correctness of orders, internal policies, etc.
- Preparation of explanations, communication with other team members
- Performing other tasks within the framework of working on projects in the legal department (such as planning, organizing the work of a mini-team, preparing a sample package of documents, etc.)
Qualifications and professional experience:
- Bachelors/Master's degree in Law
- 5+ years of strong legal background (preferably Energy or Production)
- Your expertise covers a wide range of legal issues and organizational experience (management of external advisors, etc.)
- English - C1 (Fluent) is a must for communication with foreign partners / colleagues and preparation of documents in English
- Any of the following experience would be an advantage:
- in regulatory matters, primarily in the energy or other regulated industries
- in supporting construction projects, especially wind farms
- in writing legal memorandums with risk assessments on issues relevant to the company's activities
- examples of successful legal process setup, etc.
- you are a lawyer or plan to become one in the next two years
- Involved team-player with strong communication skills and business focus
- Effective time management
- Curiosity, active listening and the ability to explain legal requirements in "ordinary language"
- Systems thinking and self-discipline
- Concentration during work, flexibility and switching between tasks, active search for solutions
- Ability to persuade, responsibility and persistence
- Competitive salary and full package of official employment
- Opportunity for career growth in an innovative renewable energy company with international investments
- Cooperation in a friendly atmosphere with a great professional team that implements ambitious energy projects and helps the country become truly energy independent
- Participation in corporate trainings and English language courses
- A good health insurance package that will be available after the probationary period (3 months)
- Workplace in a modern and innovative office in Kyiv
This position is a unique career opportunity for candidates who are eager to become legal experts in one of the most dynamic energy industries of the future.
If you are interested in learning more details about this position, please send your CV to [email protected] with the topic "Lawyer" and our Recruiters will provide you with more detailed information about the offer.