About the job Structured Trade Finance Manager
We represent the interests of a large international energy holding company, which operating at the intersection of renewable and conventional energy sources and specializes in electricity, gas, coal and gas condensate trading across Central and Southeastern Europe.
The range of services offered by our Partner cover not only energy supply contracts and extensive energy management solutions, but also complex risk and portfolio management solutions. The company build a customer oriented business focusing on the reliability of supply and high-quality services. The Company's offices are located in several regions of the EU, which gives the opportunity to grow dynamically and conduct active power trading activities.
Expanding activities in the CE & SEE region, we are looking for an experienced Structured Trade Finance Manager for a full-time role in Zagreb, who is ready to join Trade Finance department and strengthen the Company's activities in the EU Energy Markets.
This is a strategic role that involves establishing best practices in trade finance/corporate finance. You would be a key person maintaining and establishing new deals with existing and new funding providers and banks.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Structure new deals with stakeholders and funding providers
- Take ownership of the development of related transactions and other innovative structured trade finance capabilities to establish a new business case
- Develop the trade finance strategy, ensuring the best pricing and coverage of trade finance instruments to support the expanding global reach of business growth
- Develop the receivables finance strategy to establish the best pricing and coverage for discounting of the invoices for credit risk and working capital purposes and advancement of profit-enhancing opportunities using this tool
- Determine balance sheet and funding effectiveness of financing transactions, seeking opportunities to monetize equity and traded stockpiles and optimizing the Group balance sheet
- Develop and maintain strategic or tactical relationships with third parties across the globe such as banks, funding providers, and commodity traders
- Collaborate with sales, trading teams, and support functions to champion and promote innovative financing structures to enable incremental profits
- Take the lead in financial negotiations with banks and funding providers to achieve partnerships on medium to high-risk 3rd party mining projects in order to support sourcing and origination activities
- Support the deal process including deal documentation, financial analysis, and pitch books
- Supervise internal cross-functional teams, bank/counterparty onboarding, and KYC process improvement
The Required Skills and Background:
- 5+ years of trade finance/corporate finance experience in a trading company or an international bank focusing on energy products
- A Masters Degree in Economics/Business/Finance
- Extensive experience in negotiating and structuring deals with trade finance instruments
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, structuring of trade finance instruments, types of working capital funding, and cross-border commodity financing in a trading environment, with a focus on trade and structured trade finance products
- Advanced Treasury background: a deep understanding of corporate lending techniques, cash management, FX, and experience in identifying and managing impact and linkage to other financing arrangements across a multinational corporation (covenants, representations, credit rating)
- Generic understanding of the Banks regulations, capital model, credit reviews, and compliance
- Generic understanding and knowledge of the energy market
- Knowledge of the energy market and documentation (EFET, ISDA, LMA agreements)
- At least C1 English level (advanced)
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus (especially Ukrainian, German, and Polish)
- Career growth and influence on the business with the team of experienced professionals that operates on international energy markets across the EU
- A high level of personal responsibility in a highly motivated team and the opportunity to contribute and implement your own ideas in the fast-paced business
- Competitive salary level
- Full-time office role in a modern office in Zagreb
- A good level of extra benefits
Salary level: Salary range will be formed after the final interview phase and will be based on your professional experience and personal expectations.
If you want to know more information about this career opportunity, please send your CV to email@example.com with Title "Structured Trade Finance Manager" and we will provide more details about this opportunity.