About the job Vice President of Operations
Vice President of Operations
Are you an experienced leader in the affordable housing industry, looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? Progress Residential® is growing quickly and looking for a Vice President of Operations to oversee their Affordable Housing program.
The ideal candidate will use a consultative and coaching approach, to establish and drive company performance to meet business plans, objectives, goals, and strategies that are in line with Progress Residential’s business priorities.
A successful candidate will provide operational resources and single-family rental best practices to solve problems, and document action items to ensure accountability for platform performance. This position will drive transformation initiatives, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, and enhancing operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
The Vice President of Operations reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, management, or related field is required. MBA or advanced management degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of single-family rental or multifamily operations management and/or real estate development management experience.
- Experience in affordable housing development, management and/or operations with specific knowledge of local, state, and federal housing and affordable housing programs is required.
- Experience setting strategy and direct engagement with community stakeholders and best in class resident-facing housing policies.
- Experience must include business planning and budgeting, with direct responsibility for operational and financial results in the SFR or MFR industry.
Other competencies that would make a candidate successful in this role include
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying areas for improvement and effectively implementing procedures and performance standards to increase efficiency.
- Managed change to achieve effective implementation of new organization policies and procedures.
- High intellectual capacity and agility, as well as strong process, technology, operations, and financial acumen.
- A “data obsession” to decision making and experience leveraging vast amounts of data to recommend and defend strategies and execution plans.
- Strong leader of people and ability to create followership.
What you can expect from us
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time-off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota