About the job [IT] SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DATA | JUNIOR / MID
The Data Engineering team is developing the backbone of *** solutions. To do this, the team is using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks such as BigQuery, Spanner, Bigtable, Dataproc to process and analyze data, to help create the pipelines required to handle millions of events daily, and collaborate with the data science team to enable the innovative work in machine learning and AI to be utilized in our production environment.
- Contribute to the development of *** Micro Batch/Real Time streaming pipelines (lambda architecture)
- Work closely with the engineering team on data preprocessing and data structure
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive the architecture strategies
- Participate in architecture reviews
- Maintain a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security, and reliability
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of distributed data systems
- Previous experience with Java and Scala
- Previous experience working with big data tools such as Bigtable, Apache Spark, Apache Spark Streaming, Apache Heron, BigQuery
- Preferred: Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- Experience running production Golang systems, Infrastructure background, Low Latency / High Throughput Architectural System Designs
- Strong interest in data engineering
- Eagerness to learn new technologies on the fly and ship to production
- Knowledge in data science is a plus
- Experience working on diverse teams a plus
*** is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
JOIN US ON OUR MISSION
*** is a leading performance marketing engine that delivers tailored experiences at scale. Digital businesses use *** to remember who users are better than ever before, allowing them to deliver high-performing, one-to-one messages on websites, through emails and texts, and in ads at a scale that’s not otherwise possible. *** recently acquired &&& so marketers can now unlock more revenue than ever before across SMS and email.
*** drives $1.2 billion dollars annually in directly attributable revenue for top eCommerce brands like Uniqlo, Sonos and HelloFresh, often ranking as a top-3 revenue channel in their own analytics. *** is maniacally obsessed with ROI and aims to be the infrastructural interface between individuals and brands in a world where consumers choose what they want, from whom, and when.
Having raised over $44.9 million in funding from proven firms like Battery Ventures, Cross Creek Advisors and Primary Ventures, *** was named the Fastest Growing Software Company in America by Inc Magazine. With headquarters in New York and London, *** has been recognized by Glassdoor and Crain's for its exceptional culture and being one of the top places to work in the country. The company recently signed both the White House Equal Pay Pledge and the United Nations Women's Empowerment Pledge and continues to set the bar as a pioneer in technology innovation and workplace inclusion initiatives.
What bonds our community together is our commitment to 5 Core Values:
- Come Hungry
- Carry Each Other
- Drive Undeniable Performance
- Respect People, Privacy, Ideas
- Bounce Back
Come join us on our mission.