About the job SR DevOps and Team Lead
Human Power BG is an HR agency that offers consultations and recruitment for some of the best companies in Bulgaria.
Our client is an American company, opening its new R&D center in Sofia, Bulgaria. They develop their own product and have a line of American clients with more than 200,000 customers.
They are searching for a Staff DevOps Engineer to help expand their Platform Offering to banks and credit unions with an all-new digital banking platform where data drives feature development, modern technology provides endless extensibility, and members get the right tools at the right time.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across teams to support and advise colleagues whenever necessary.
- Support the development team and provide the missing infrastructural dependencies they need, both for local development and in the cloud.
- Lead the effort in your functional area, help the team to make the decisions in your functional area.
- Configure and maintain CI/CD tools and processes, work closely with the development team to ensure they are using these tools effectively.
- Participate in peer reviews to maintain the code quality.
- Mentor and guide the team members.
- Help the teammates to solve complicated problems.
- Maintain clear communication with development team regarding your progress and impediments to ensure the implementation is on track.
- Clearly communicate the progress and the decisions made to the stakeholders and/or wider group.
- Build documentation for the implemented functionality.
- Come up with ideas on how to make the product better and developers life easier.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies for transparency and collaboration.
- Seek ways to optimize and speed-up the release process, e.g. by introducing new software.
- Perform analysis of the current system in use and develop plans for enhancements and improvements.
- Work with the product team to set up meaningful monitoring and measurements.
- Drive the team effort on holding performance assessment and monitoring and recommend performance enhancements.
- Help define and set development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Work closely with security stakeholders to identify and deploy cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management.
- Strive for continuous improvement, regular refactoring, building/maintaining continuous integration, and deployment pipeline.
More About You:
- Experience leading a team that successfully shipped a digital mobile product
- Experience with distributed systems development.
- Senior Certification or Equivalent experience with AWS
- Experience running Terraform in production as part of a team.
- Experience running a container scheduler with a production application (ECS, Kubernetes, Nomad, etc.)
- Linux experience
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Experience building a product via prototyping and iterative strategies
- Clear communication skills across cross-functional audiences (customers, stakeholders, engineers, project managers)
- Experience working in Agile environments (Scrum framework)
- Desire to review other people's code and share feedback
- Confident advocating for and making complex decisions
- Flexibility in scheduling working with a global team
- Toolset: Terraform, AWS, ECS, Dotnet, Gitlab CI/CD
Additional Desired Skills:
- Fintech, US banking, or compliance sensitive, system experience
- Familiarity with Networking
- Familiarity with Security
- Familiarity with Cloud-native solutions
- Experience in cleaning up things in growing projects
Other cloud platforms experience (Azure, Google)
How to stand out:
- Great communication, collaboration, teaming, self-management, and organization skills
- Analytical skills in problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop working relationships
- Personally motivated to excel in assignments, continuously self-educate, and mentor other team members
- Assertive, with the confidence to voice issues / roadblocks and provide insights across the team
- Quick learning skills, ability to read and understand other people's code
- Ability to communicate from both development and business perspectives and act as a liaison between the client and the development team would be a plus.
What The Company offers :
- Flexible remote work with occasional in-person meets for collaboration and alignment.
- Work with kind, passionate, innovative, multicultural, and thoughtful team members.
- Full benefits package with the majority of premiums paid for by the company.
- Culture based on honoring people, doing great work, and having fun.
- Potential for future upside with our employee stock options plan.
- Seasoned executive team with multiple successful exits.
- Competitive, market-based compensation.
- Experience in evolving digital banking in the USA
If this position is of interest to you and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV.
For any questions you may have, please contact us: 0878 344 034 or [email protected]
We will contact only approved candidates!
Our services are free of charge to all applicants.
All candidates will be treated in strict confidence.
All data provided by you is protected by the meaning of the Personal Data Protection Law and will be used only for the purposes of this selection.
Human Power has an indefinite license 3084 issued by the National Employment Agency to provide services in the field of human resources.