Job Openings Business Development Manager (Agency)
About the job Business Development Manager (Agency)
We want to give people the freedom and confidence to pursue what matters to them in life. Because they know theyre covered. Because people-first. Igloo is a Singapore-headquartered regional insurtech benefiting millions of people across SEA, in countries that count as the most underinsured. Build the future of insurance with us by doing what you do best.
Join us if you desire to create impact and do good. Work with our teams across Singapore, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and India.
What you will do:
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned revenue targets
- Responsible for identifying market opportunities for business growth
- Executes on strategies and action plans on generating new leads, business partners and accounts such as conducting business orientation programs and setting of exploratory meetings
- Achieves recruitment target of new business partners such as insurance agents, sales agencies and corporate accounts
- Conducts training sessions on sales process, product, and app to onboard, equip and enable newly signed business partners
- Runs regular sessions and execute sales campaigns to create opportunities for new businesses and/or renewals with the end goal of activating all the business partners
- Reactivates & engages dormant agents, business partners and sales agencies to increase overall activity ratio
Sales Management :-
- Prepare sales report/account status in a timely manner reflecting the sales pipeline and makes appropriate recommendations to improve overall sales performance
- Analyse sales statistics/reports that can be used as a reference in reviewing the past sales performance and predict future sales performance
- Escalates and recommends appropriate action/intervention to concerns and issues encountered in their respective channels
- Communicates with internal stakeholders the contractual agreements and system integrations for seamless execution
- Communicate with external stakeholders such as insurers/takaful operators to propose business program proposal with expected sales performance.
What you will need:
- Bachelors Degree with at least 5 years of experience in the Insurance industry, preferably in Non-Life or General Insurance or in Corporate Solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to quickly build credibility with new business partners
- High energy and driven to meet sales targets
- Adaptable and able to work independently and under pressure