About the job Medical Device Field Sales Representatives - KisumuDescription
Would you like to kick off your medical device sales career in Kenya’s most exciting and impact driven healthcare start-up?
Health makes common diagnostics accessible and affordable to the 500
million people in Africa who today struggle to access even basic blood
Description of Role
Health is seeking a full-time Medical Device Field Sales Representative
to support the growth of the business and drive our outreach to clinics
in and around Nairobi and other counties. Ilara Health distributes
modern, high quality diagnostic devices to undeserved primary health
clinics that struggle to afford even basic equipment. To meet our
objectives, we are looking to strengthen our sales team and give you the
opportunity to challenge yourself. You will play a pivotal role in
achieving the sales targets and eventually generating revenue for the
organisation. You will be the face of Ilara Health’s brand to our
customers. You will establish plans and strategize on methods for
expanding the customer base in your assigned sales territory in
conjunction with the Head of Sales.
- Achieve sales targets as set forth in the sales projections.
- Manage time and expectations on the field daily.
- Manage your sales funnel by reaching out to potential clients and maintaining relationships in a very organised manner.
- Ensure sales are conducted in accordance with documented processes and procedures
- Ensure to only sell to customers that are able to pay for the products during the loan period.
- Coordinate customer installations, while maintaining the agreed SLA.
- Manage use of Ilara Health’s assets and vigilantly contain selling costs.
the implementation of the after sales process by ensuring that the
customers are aware, trained and performing in accordance with it.
- Ensure proper documentation and handling of the administrative work involved in the on-boarding of new facilities.
- Collaborate with the VP of Sales in planning & implementing training programs for facilities.
- Required education: Undergraduate degree/Diploma
experience as a field sales representative / sale associate in a
medical equipment or pharmaceuticals distributor company.
& comfortable in a complicated and constantly evolving business
environment. Fast learner. Willing to contribute in areas beyond formal
- Strong communications & highly organized and structured individual.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to work a variety of hours as the business demands, including occasionally late nights & weekends.
- Familiarity with office applications (especially Excel) as well as Google Drive, Google Forms, Skype etc
- Linguistic capabilities: Swahili, and English
Benefits of Working at Ilara Health
- At Ilara Health, we are a diverse team of highly energized local and international individuals, committed to listening to the needs of our customers in peri-urban/rural primary healthcare facilities that do not have access to common diagnostic tests.
- Every individual from our interns to the company founders contributes to the success of the company in different ways.
team member at Ilara Health has the same drive an excitement towards
achieving the collective goals. Working hard and being creative are
synonymous in our start-up ethos.
- You will have the
opportunity to directly/indirectly impact primary healthcare
facilities/patients by dramatically improving the quality of healthcare
- Competitive Salary package based on a fixed and variable component.