About the job Software Engineering Manager
About Ilara Health
At Ilara Health, we equip a network of small, peri-urban healthcare providers with life-saving and
essential diagnostic tools to improve the quality of medical care across sub-Saharan Africa. As
informal businesses, these clinics, and pharmacies lack access to the traditional financial services
that SMEs use to support their growth. Through smart financing options, Ilara Health connects
these small businesses to revenue-generating diagnostic assets that enable them to develop their
business and improve the quality of care they provide to their patients.
- Implement Ilara Health’s medium and long-term digital strategy and in order to drive rapid technological innovation and ensure automation of processes in line with the overall organizational strategy.
- Design, control, and manage the technical process and operational integrity of technological services provided by the team.
- Implement work plans to ensure effective implementation of the department’s strategic objectives and ensure technology operations are coordinated and completed within set deadlines and budgets
- Guide implementation and maintenance of the organization’s technology infrastructure including the analytics infrastructure, systems, databases, dashboards, and visualizations to ensure their respective functionalities are robust, effective, cost-efficient, and stable
- Guide improvement of existing tools and processes in keeping with growing organizational needs and user feedback.
- Define the engineering culture by working with engineers and other stakeholders to set engineering standards and best practices.
- Enforce team SLAs and SOPs for development and issue response
- Manage the development and implementation of appropriate data protection policies and procedures in line with the 2019 Data Protection Act to ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Collaborate with management, team leads, and team members to design and implement new processes, resolve issues, and ensure solutions are viable and consistent
- Guide, develop and motivate the Technology team, including upskilling, training on the best practices in line with current trends, and oversee performance evaluations to promote growth and staff motivation
- Oversee performance evaluations to promote growth and motivation
- 5+ years of experience with at least 2 of them in an engineering leadership role
- Built and scaled software to enterprise grade.
- Working in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience working with large databases and maintaining/updating a complex data model
- Experience using data visualization tools in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Experience managing technical partners and consultants
NICE TO HAVE
- Domain expertise in healthcare and payments