About the job Senior Software Engineer
Job Level : JL-4
Job Title : Senior Software Engineer
Years of Experience : 3+ years experience as a software developer.
Reporting to : Software Engineering Lead
About Ilara Health
Ilara Health is building a tech-enabled primary care model for Africa by leveraging on existing, hyper-fragmented care infrastructure. We partner with high potential healthcare entrepreneurs running the 200,000+ primary care centres that deliver care to hundreds of millions of patients across the continent each year, and equip them with the physical and digital tools they need to provide better healthcare. Our technology platform supports our clinician partners in delivering better care to their patients as well as streamlining their clinic operations. Founded in 2019, we have partnered with over 1,300 independent clinics across Kenya providing a direct pathway to over 3 million patients yearly.
The Senior Software Engineer role
We are looking for a Senior Full-stack Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms. We are looking for someone who is at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should be comfortable navigating both sides of the stack i.e. frontend and backend. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting with development managers to discuss software projects.
- Execute the full software development life cycle.
- Designing new software programs, websites, and applications.
- Reviewing tasks assigned to junior developers such as coding, testing, debugging, and analytics.
- Writing advanced programming code that is well-designed, testable and efficient.
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Creating technical documents for new software programs.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Managing project timelines and tasks.
- Support the training of staff on software use.
- Bachelors degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- Experience creating and maintaining SQL and NoSQL databases including SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with Cloud platforms including GCP, AWS, Azure.
- Experience working with Agile development technologies.
Who You Are
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Capable of performing tasks independently.
- Project management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.