About the job Medical General Practitioner
We have a client who is an established primary health care clinic and is seeking to recruit two GP's to be based in Boksburg. They offer primary health care, occupational health care, public healthcare, paramedical services, HIV management, wellness days, dentistry, optometry and x-ray services.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Patient consultations and physical examinations
- Diagnosis and treatment of health conditions
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals and/or hospitals
- Practice management and administration
- Business management skills
- Recognise symptoms of serious conditions and refer patients to specialists for further testing and treatment, if needed
- Delegate tasks to nurses and/or other healthcare assistants
- Manage emergency care / casualty within a hospital after hours
- MBChB is essential
- Registered as a Medical Practitioner with the HPCSA
- Have a minimum of 2 year’s primary healthcare exposure specialising in family care
- BLS / ACLS preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
The rotation is as follows:
Week 1: Monday to Friday 07h00 - 15h00 (Saturday and Sunday off)
Week 2: Monday to Friday 15h00 - 20h00 including Saturday and Sunday from 08h00 - 16h00.
Remuneration is fixed.
Only candidates who meet all the minimum requirements stipulated in the advert, will be considered. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.