About the job Senior Ventilation Officer
DATE OF DISTRIBUTION 07.12.2022 CLOSING DATE 16.12.2022
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To achieve the objectives and targets of the Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene within the operation and ensure compliance to Mine Health and Safety act.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12/NQF Level 4 certificate is essential
- Chamber of Mines Intermediate Certificate in Mine Environmental Control is essential
- Relevant certificate of Competency in Occupational Hygiene or relevant field will be desirable
- 3 years experience in underground mining environment with practical experience in Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene is essential
- Minimum of 3 years experiences in a trackless underground mining environment with practical experience in the Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene field is essential
- Medical certificate or medically fit in order to obtain one
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- To ensure achievement of legal compliance in area of responsibility
- To ensure maintenance of the Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene strategies and system
- To ensure compliance measurements in terms of Section 11 and 12 of the Mine Health and Safety Act (Occupational Health Risk Assessment and Monitoring) and the Environmental Engineering and Occupational Hygiene Regulations of the Mine Health and Safety Act pertaining to monitoring and reporting at Business Area level
- To conduct risk assessments and participate in audits that are conducted
- To assist in short term ventilation and occupational hygiene planning
- To provide contribution to the achievement of the objectives and targets of the Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene Department and those of the business area
- To assist with management of technical resources and assets
IMPORTANT: Short listed candidates may be subjected to a psychometric assessment. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, the Companys Recruitment Policy, and Employment Equity Plan.
POPIA Disclaimer: By sending your CV to the e-mail address on this advertisement you agree to:
- The processing of your personal information and sharing it with third parties for verifications.
- The exercising of your rights provided for by POPIA.
- To acknowledge that Marula will keep the record of your personal information confidential
Note: For internal applications, your manager must indicate in writing that he/she is aware of your application