Job Openings Helpline Staff Responder
About the job Helpline Staff Responder
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Crisis Line response (40%)
- Main objective: Ensure the helplines are manned and responded to in a timely, professional yet compassionate manner.
- To be available during designated hours via so phone technology to take calls from a quiet location conducive to effectively performing the duties.
- To serve as back-up in the event of call surges.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure the Crisis Line meets high-quality standards of InTouch, aligned with our mission and vision.
- Provide text or chat support when applicable.
- Additional responsibilities
- Partner in providing social media presence and response through In Touch accounts with respect to identified marketing and communication strategies.
- Assist the Helpline Coordinator whenever needed to leverage technology for generating statistical reports and call utilizations.
- Effectively and efficiently manage and improve resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes, including helpline referral database.
- Quality and effectiveness w/ callers. Ensure the use of standard call scripts, scenario-response guides, and best-practice helpline approaches based on Crisis Line training.
- Participation in self-care measures. Be available for once-a-week onsite debriefing withHelpline Manager, Clinical Supervisor, and team.
- Quality and timely reporting. Ensure to capture all relevant call information and document details via online intake forms.
- Helpline Manager - report to HM, provide any updates on issues related to coverage and quality.
- Helpline Coordinator - serve as back-up & collaborate on coverage, call intakes, and statistics.
- Clinical Supervisor - required to undergo regular weekly onsite debriefing for quality & care.
- Fellow helpline responders - assist or backup as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Helpful to have attended Crisis Line volunteer training or similar. Otherwise, willingness to undergo training and be supervised. Open to feedback and wellness measures.
- Good telephone and customer support skills, especially presenting with warmth & empathy.
- Team player. Willing to backup for calls when needed in order to align with In Touch's mission and vision to provide support to the community.
- Computer literate (Google drive, Google applications and online tools). Able and comfortable to use technology remotely.
- Proficient in both English and Tagalog.
- Self-starter and able to work independently or with a team.
- Mature, resilient, adaptive and with good coping skills.
- Stable internet connection at home, access to a laptop and a smartphone.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply. With volunteer work preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable with various platforms of communication technology.
- Able to utilize technology for work processes, report generation and administration.
- Bachelors in a relevant field (eg. Psychology, social work, education etc.) or commensurate work experience.