About the job Front End Engineer
Under general supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer is a front-end engineer who performs work assignments in one or more of the following areas: providing technical guidance and direction to other staff members; participating in project planning and requirements definition; system/application design, system/application development, unit testing, support during QA and User Acceptance Testing, implementation and integration; customer support for and technical expertise in end-user decision support software tools and end-user computing technology; conducting all activities in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support new software solutions and changes to existing software solutions
- Collaborate with team members and provide thoughtful discussion on tactics and strategies as they are selected
- Translate Business Requirements into components of complex, loosely-coupled, distributed systems
- Maintain awareness and familiarity with evolving trends in software development
- Troubleshoot technical issues in a variety of application environments. This includes being able to research issues related to system configuration, software and database systems, and problems related to data integrity or conformity.
- Maintain a focus on uptime and performance for high-volume solutions, hosted solutions
- BS in computer science or information systems fields required, or 5+ years related work experience.
- Experience working with Agile and/or Lean software development approaches.
- Experience translating modern UX designs into pixel perfect user interfaces using Adobe Photoshop, Bootstrap, LESS, CSS, and HTML.
Additional experience with the following technologies and methodologies is ideal: Node.js, Go, .NET, NoSQL, AWS, Serverless, Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Integrity: Gains the trust of others by taking responsibility for own actions and telling the truth.
- Teamwork: Builds relationships and works cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Adaptable: Responds to change with a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work objectives with a positive attitude.
- Innovative: Ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures or technologies.
- Curious: A desire to inquire and learn, to seek new knowledge and wisdom, and to listen to the contributions of others with a genuine interest to better self, the team, and the organization.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information to generate and evaluate potential solutions to problems, issues and challenges while weighing the accuracy and relevance of the facts, data and information.