About the job Senior Software Development Engineer with Reporting (SSRS)
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
This is a client-facing role, responsible for developing and architecting custom software solutions for a U.S. SaaS client that builds an ERP solution for AEC firms. Custom solutions can consist of but are not limited to integrations with other systems or enhancing the core product(s) of the client.
Skills & Competencies
Need intermediate abilities for the below:
- Experience using a variety of software development technologies including, but not limited to SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), C#, .net, T-SQL, Azure Service Bus.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Software Design.
- Software Debugging.
- Software Documentation.
- Software Testing.
- Problem Solving.
- Software Development Fundamentals.
- Software Development Process.
- Software Requirements.
- Organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a high aptitude to learn.
- Knowledge and experience with software development methodologies including waterfall and agile.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Experience using JIRA or Azure Dev Ops.
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) or other source code repositories.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products.
Education or Prior Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of working experience in engineering applications.
- Work with stakeholders to clearly understand the business and technical objectives of new solutions.
- Analyze labor, and time requirements for a custom solution to determine an estimate for the work.
- Develop, test, and implement new software programs.
- Ensure solutions meet performance standards, and are scalable, documented, and easily supported.
- Keeping Manager and Project Manager informed of all relevant issues and concerns.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and others to identify a clear project, deliverables, decomposition of work, and establishment of timelines.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Possess strong problem-solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Fostering a positive and team-oriented working environment.
- Performs other related duties as directed.