Job Openings ** National Account Manager (Flavors/Bakery) Up to 165K Base + Uncapped Comms **
About the job ** National Account Manager (Flavors/Bakery) Up to 165K Base + Uncapped Comms **
Job Title: National Account Manager
Job Purpose: Serves customers in respective territory by increasing sales in territory and meeting customer needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Services existing customer accounts, and establishes new accounts by prospecting, researching, planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing and potential sales outlets.
- Maintains a high level of visibility at accounts to build strong, value-based relationships with key decision makers.
- Focuses sales efforts on the most profitable business by studying existing accounts and researching market trends to widen the breadth of customer and product base.
- Keeps management informed by updating CRM and compiling call reports and monthly territory sales analyses.
- Create and present professional presentations by working closely with R&D and marketing to meet customer expectations.
- Understand customers needs and objectives to seek opportunities for alignment and partnership.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge, and knowledge of food industry trends and concerns, by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Act as a liaison between customer and internal teams to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Execute go-to-market strategies for new and existing products and customers.
- Responsible for utilizing the sales process and working independently to carry an opportunity all the way through the sales cycle from prospecting to closing the sale.
- Develop an annual sales and expense budget to deliver desired territory results.
- Utilizes all available technology and a Customer Relationship Management software in the daily routine.
- Represents the company at trade associating meetings and conventions to promote Parker Products.
- Communicate and implement all cooperative-initiated price changes to all assigned customers by the set timeline.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager, or relevant role.
- Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
- Minimum 5 years of food ingredient sales experience.
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Possess a strong technical R&D knowledge or ingredient application background.
- BA/BS in Food Science, Business, or a related field.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- This position is home-based.
Location: Home office based.