About the job **Production Manager - Flavors/Ingredients - Up to 130k Annually**
The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the production activities at the Northbrook plant to exceed customer satisfaction goals while assuring employee safety, product food safety and quality policies and procedures are met. Effectively and professionally manages plant operations on a day to day basis, provides leadership, guidance, and direction to carry out business and manufacturing goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages employees and production processes in accordance with policies, SQF standards and government regulations.
- Meets established customer on-time service goals through effective communication, production scheduling and execution, utilization of equipment and manpower.
- Develops new and assures existing Standard Operating Procedures are being followed in the areas of production, sanitation, inventory transfers and documentation.
- Executes employee development plans, addresses employee issues and administers needed disciplinary actions.
- Assist in the employee evaluations process in accordance with guidelines.
- Assist in the execution of the training program for the department.
- Assist in monitoring and developing action plans to manage manufacturing cost in the areas of labor, overtime, waste and production supplies.
- Assist in Maintain KPIs, assure goals are met and develops improvement plans.
- Participates in annual production budget preparations and equipment status and needs.
- Be an active team member in HACCP, GMP audit, Food Safety & Quality Development, and Recall. Able to play the role of a back-up for the member on Food Safety Teams.
- Assist and partner with R&D on new product commissioning with understanding of critical control points, standards of acceptance, and methods of analysis.
- Lead efficiency projects and work closely with the Maintenance and Engineering team to minimize equipment downtime and equipment output.
- Develop and execute improvement plans in areas of productivity, equipment capacity management and production workflow.
- Assists in the execution of the inventory management improvement plans.
- Supports and leads change management initiatives that positively impact safe performance improvements.
- Demonstrates leadership in areas of Safety. Establishes, observes, and enforces safety rules & practices. Encourages safe work behaviors and promptly corrects unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviors that may lead to accidents.
- Develops and promotes an effective working relationship with other departments; helps establish efficient and proactive communication links to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Training and/or Work Experience Requirements
- BS in Engineering, Food Science & technology or related technical fields.
- Minimum of 7 years Food manufacturing/plant management experience.
- Understanding of FDA, OSHA, EPA, regulations. knowledge of food ingredient processing and previous experience with ERP system implementation is highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Ability to achieve HACCP, Food Defense, and SQF Practitioner certifications
This position is classified as a supervisor and directly supervises the Compounders and Supervisors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Power Point
- Highly analytical, ability to conduct advanced analyses independently
- Independent, self-motivated, proactive team player with strong work ethic
- Daily interaction with Production/Operations team, this would include interaction with senior management.
- Willing work in a production/warehouse setting, around food manufacturing equipment
- Environment will be moderate
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven