Job Openings Developer
About the job Developer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Implementing the structure and design of web pages, based on the guidelines provided in the stories
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices
- Developing features to enhance the user experience
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Mobile first - Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones, again based on the provided guidelines
- Building reusable code for future use
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design, based on the given guidelines
- Collaborate with the team’s technical analyst in order to define high level solutions and provide realistic estimations for each story
- Ensure in collaboration of the scrum master of the accuracy of the scrum backlog
- Ensure the completeness of the stories at the end of each iteration/sprint, ensure the acceptance criteria are executed and passed
- Is available for questions and delivers instantaneous feedback to the scrum team during the Sprint
- Participate to the IT testing (from test case definitions until their execution)
- Provide support to e-Operations to ensure that incidents are managed/solved within the adequate timing (depending of the incident criticality)
- Competences required:
- Proved experience in one or both technologies, Java web development (J2EE) and/or frontend development, combined with a strong analytical mindset
- This person has also to embrace concepts such as clear acceptance criteria, executable requirements, short iterations, continuous feedback and clarity of business objectives.
- A successful candidate should strive to promote simple functional solutions and pragmatic decisions to the given requirements and provided technical analysis.
o Make suggestions for better solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a structured environment with flexibility for frequent changes of priorities
- Ability to work with external companies/partners
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems (critical thinking).
- Ability to translate requirements into technical solutions according to rules, standards and guidelines defined in the architecture
- Good communication skills (spoken and written) according to the needs of different audiences
- Team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- English is mandatory. Dutch and French are a plus
Requirements and Technologies
- Technical skills:
- Bachelor/University in computer science
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Experience with FE (automated) testing / profiling
- Experience with FE build tools (Gulp / Grunt / Webpack)
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- At least 2-5 years of experience on Java (J2EE) and/or Frontend and web based development technologies.
- Strong experience in J2EE development
- Consolidated experience in Angular and other frontend development frameworks (ex: React Native)
- Good experience with UML and design pattern
- Experience and comfortable with Agile methodologies, Jira as issue and backlog management tool