About the job UX Engineer
As one of Vietnams pioneering product companies, INKR Global is comprised of passionate builders driven by the desire to build impactful technology products on a global scale.
In 10 years, we have managed to build several successful tech products, including Fuzel Collage, KeepShot, Woodpost, etc.
Our products were featured globally as Editors Choice and "Best App of The Year on both the App Store & Play Store, as well as TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal, TheNextWeb, TechInAsia, e27, etc.
We help comics publishers and creators reach more readers globally while making amazing content available to readers, no matter where they are.
How We're Different
When you join us, your work matters. Everything you work on directly impacts millions of people worldwide. Your voice matters. Everything you contribute shapes the future and direction of the company.
You have room to grow. If you are willing to learn, we are willing to support you. We are committed to investing in our people the benefits we offer to every member of INKR Global reflect our philosophy.
Top 3 Reasons To Join Your Team
We genuinely believe in combining the understandings of both humans and technology to craft experiences, that are not only useful and delightful but can also create behavioral change and positive impacts.
To do so, we have built a team culture that fosters not only professional excellency and collaboration but also respects and nurtures personal growth.
Here's something about us to help you imagine what it's like to be part of the team:
- We are playful. We cannot live without laughter. We love sharing from the most random thoughts to big crazy "what-ifs". There is always room for jokes and wild imagination no matter how hard we work. Because how do we improve anyone else's experience, if we don't know how to enjoy life ourselves?
- We put people first. We see people for who they are and who they aspire to become, not as cogs in the machine. We respect differences in backgrounds, perspectives, and preferences. So there is no unnecessary social pressure to blend in or impress. Just come as you are, and focus on growing into nobody else but your best self.
- We are driven by growth. Most of the time, that means we move at a crazy speed. We learn and adapt to new things every single hour of the day, from new knowledge about user behaviors, new industry insights, and new tools, to new plans. We build, measure, learn, and iterate constantly.
Work closely with Product Experience designer, Content Experience designer, UI/UX designer, and Developers to:
- Create interactive prototypes and handle front-end development for new features to enable rapid UX testing for various products of the platform
- Identify opportunities and develop execution plans by gathering necessary requirements, user insights, and technical understandings,
- Generate prototyping solution options in collaboration with other designers,
- Finalize and deliver necessary artifacts for the assigned projects/tasks to Developers (interactive prototypes, technical specs, etc.),
- Follow up post-delivery to ensure correct implementation of design requirements.
- Architect, build, and maintain product building blocks (UI Kit / Design System) to ensure consistency and speedy iterations for various products of the platform
- Architect UI Kit / Design System to serve both product design and implementation needs,
- Construct new Figma components for UI Kit / Design System to meet evolving product needs,
- Manage documentation for components,
- Work with Developers to ensure the correct implementation of components.
- Increase our ability to efficiently and collaboratively iterate our products to improve user experience and develop new features that drive more meaningful interactions on the platform.
- Ensure experience consistency across all touch-points with UI Kit/ Design System.
- Domain Expertise
- UX Design.
- Experience Requirements
- Relevant experience (1-3 years) in Front-End Development / Design, or Digital Product / Service Development / Design in agile environments.
- Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Front-end engineering skills, including:
- UI/UX prototyping with Figma,
- UI animation prototyping with visual coding tools such as Origami,
- Web development with any React-based framework,
- Strong understanding of developing SEO-friendly web apps,
- Strong understanding of UI/UX Design Principles,
- Up-to-date knowledge of design and engineering apps,
- Passion for UI/UX design, and making great digital products on a global scale,
- Self-driven, good time-management skills.
- Front-end engineering skills, including:
- Strong empathy: understanding a users contexts, expectations, frustrations, goals, and reasoning process can help you develop solutions to real user needs,
- Up-to-date knowledge in Design Systems like Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Google Material Design, Ant Design, etc.
- Mobile app prototyping with Xcode, Android Studio,
- Cross-platform app prototyping with React Native, Flutter,
- Good command of English,
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to integrate front-end with mock or real backend systems,
- Curiosity/interest in human psychology and behaviors,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Being a fan of manga/comics/anime yourself.
At INKR, we've learnt that at the end of the day, we bring in the people, not the skillset, so here are what we can provide you beyond the job itself:
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Ability to adapt to deal with uncertainty (new experiments, flexible planning)
- The awareness of your design impacts and the drive to create positive impacts on our products.
What is open for me beyond this role as a career?
- Senior UX Engineer.
- Product Experience Designer.
What does the probation assessment look like?
- First month:
- 100% of assigned tasks meet the required standards by agreed deadlines (except for cases in which contexts are changed, e.g. updated briefs, new requirements, etc.)
- Adaptability / Culture-fit:
- NEVER make assumptions or neglect project requirements. ALWAYS ask to verify project scopes/needs and deadlines if unclear.
- ALWAYS discuss if you dont find the requirements justified (if you cant answer Why should we do this?). Everyone is open for discussions, even our CEO.
- ALWAYS seek feedback from other stakeholders to reflect on learning and improve.
- Second month:
- Everything included in the first-month-checkpoint,
- Ability to gather requirements and come up with execution plan for assigned tasks/projects (write their task brief, instead of purely debriefing like in the first month).
Last but not least, check out our story at: ourstory.inkr.com and hope to talk to you soon :)