Job Openings Comic Photoshop Specialist
About the job Comic Photoshop Specialist
- Visual freelancer assessment and selection
- Prepare necessary tests/ assessments to evaluate freelancer candidates.
- Coordinate with the Recruitment Ops Executive, Project Manager and Coordinators to select the most suitable candidates as per project requirements.
- Visual work’s level of quality setting
- Set up a system which can determine and inform the stakeholders on the level of quality required for visual work of different titles.
- Perform visual work for hit titles as required.
- Visual work training system establishment
- Establish a series of training documents and materials to instruct the visual freelancers on how to use our internal tools for their work.
- Conduct the training sessions for onboarding freelancers as required.
- Continuously and timely keep all the training documents and materials up-to-date.
- Visual work-related consultation
- Provide consultation for all visual work-related matters from time to time in order to resolve pop-up ad-hoc, issues as well as to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of visual work during the production process.
- Keep INKR visual work up-to-date with the market practice through research, experiment and implementation.
- Qualified visual freelancers selected and performed as per INKR’s standard and expectations.
- Visual work cost-effectively catered and executed based on different levels of quality required for different type of titles.
- Internal tool training system was established and curated over time to improve the efficiency of the visual production process.
- INKR’s content-related visual competency is continuously and timely upgraded with all the latest applicable and relevant market practices.
- Domain Expertise
- Design and Illustration.
- Experience Requirements
- At least 03 months of experience.
- Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Proficiency in Photoshop.
- Hand-drawing skills with Wacom.
- Working-level English for Reading and Writing.
- Good communication skill.
- Project management skill.
- Knowledge sharing ability.
- Passion for manga.
- Experience in manga cleaning and lettering.
- Stakeholder List
- INKR users.
- Visual freelancers.
- Peer List
- Localization Managers.
- Recruitment Ops Specialist.
- Direct Report
- Content Project Manager
- Indirect Report
- Head of Operations
At INKR, we've learnt that at the end of the day, we bring in the people, not the skillset, so here are what we can provide you beyond the job itself:
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- If you love comics and believe in our mission of Making Comics Universally Accessible.
- If you have the design skill, an eye for detail.
- Willing to learn about freelancer management.
What is open for me beyond this role as a career?
- Graphic Designer for Studio Asset.
- UI/UX Designer of the Platform Experience team.
- Project Manager of Visual Freelancers.
What does the probation assessment look like?
- You will be assessed based on the usefulness of your guidelines.
- Another point of consideration will be the quality of the photoshop freelancers that you onboarded.
- Last but not least, a component of the probation assessment will be based on your peer feedback on your teamwork, and communication.
What are the top 3 reasons to join your department?
- Be the team that officially brings the latest and greatest comics from Japan to the world.
- Broaden your comic industry network by working with many passionate artists, translators, editors, and the community.
- Be the first one to read some of the best comics around.
Last but not least, check out our story at: ourstory.inkr.com
And hope to talk to you soon!