About the job UI/UX Designer
- Gather necessary requirements, insights and technical understandings from other stakeholders (Product Experience, Content Experience, etc.) to come up with execution plans for assigned projects / tasks.
- Generate design options, execute final design, and deliver necessary artifacts for the assigned projects / tasks to developers (user flows, mockups, specs, etc.).
- Follow up post-delivery to ensure correct implementation of design requirements.
- Participate in building and maintaining our UI Kits for various products.
- User experience on various journeys constantly improves with new and better features, which drives more meaningful interactions on the platform.
- Increasing our ability to efficiently and collaboratively design products with UI Kits.
- UI/UX design.
- For Intern: At least 3 practice projects (can be school projects) related to UI/UX Design, Web Design, or Digital Product / Service Design in agile environments.
- For Junior level: Relevant experience (less than 2 years) in UI/UX Design, Web Design, or Digital Product / Service Design in agile environments.
- For Middle level: Relevant experience (2-3 years) in UI/UX Design, Web Design, or Digital Product / Service Design in agile environments.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Ability to perform UI/UX design tasks.
- Passion in UI/UX design, and making great digital products at a global scale.
- Strong graphic / visual skill, detail-oriented.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Figma, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
- Self-driven, good time-management skills.
- Strong empathy: understanding a user’s contexts, expectations, frustrations, goals, and reasoning process can help you develop solutions to real user needs.
- Up-to-date knowledge in Design Systems like Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Google Material Design, Ant Design, etc.
- Good command of English.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Curiosity / interest in human psychology and behaviors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Being a fan of manga / comics / anime yourself.
- Stakeholder List
- Customers / users: INKR customers / users.
- Partners: Product Experience designer, Content Experience Designer, UI/ UX designers & PMs, developers of web and mobile products.
- Data & AI Department members.
- Peer List
- Other UI/UX designers.
- Direct Report
- Head of Platform Experience.
- Indirect Report
- Product Experience Designer.
At INKR, we've learnt that at the end of the day, we bring in the people, not the skillset, so here are what we can provide you beyond the job itself:
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and adapt, to deal with ongoing tasks, running experiments, and flexible plans.
- The awareness of your design impacts, and the drive to create positive impacts on our products.
What is open for me beyond this role as a career?
- Senior UI/UX Designer.
- Product Experience Designer.
- Content Experience Designer.
What does the probation assessment look like?
- Adequate skills in Figma - our key design tool: design UI components, design screens / flows using UI components, simple prototyping with Figma.
- Ability to deliver UI/UX design tasks by deadline: debrief requirements, execute and present design proposal, support development team in implementing product features.
- Adaptability / Culture-fit: how well the candidate takes in and process feedback to improve their works from other stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Figma and other prototyping tools (Origami, Framer, etc.).
- Ability to gather requirements for small features on their own (write their own task brief, instead of purely debriefing like in the first month).
- Adaptability / Culture-fit: how the candidate proactively seek feedback, plan their tasks, think independently, and creatively solve problems.
1. First month:
2. Second month:
Top 3 Reasons To Join Your Team
- We are playful. We cannot live without laughters. We love sharing from the most random thoughts to big crazy "what-ifs". There is always room for jokes and wild imagination no matter how hard we work. Because how do we improve anyone else's experience, if we don't know how to enjoy life ourselves? 😜
- We put people first. We see people for who they are and who they aspire to become, not as cogs in the machine. We respect differences in backgrounds, perspectives, and preferences. So no unnecessary social pressure to blend in or impress. Just come as you are, and focus on growing into nobody else but your best self.
- We are driven by growth. Most of the time, that means we move at a crazy speed. We learn and adapt to new things every single hour of the day, from new knowledge about user behaviors, new industry insights, new tools, to new plans. We built, measure, learn, and iterate constantly.
Here's something about us to help you imagine what it's like to be part of the team:
Last but not least, check out our story at: ourstory.inkr.com
And hope to talk to you soon!