About the job Design Technician - Compliance
Our Client is a global leader in the development and supply of pumping solutions and related equipment to its key markets, water, industry and energy. They provide a challenging and rewarding work environment where diversity is valued as a key driver for success.
The job includes working within an existing design team in a successful and innovative environment including interaction with the international organisation. The role involves networking with overseas partners and may require a degree of travel.
- Providing CAD support to Product Development projects with a key focus on design compliance.
- Leading compliance related product improvement design activities.
- Identifiying emerging trends in design for sustainability and initiating initiating projects to reduce the carbon footprint of our products and processes.
- To be familiar with the relevant international standards impacting wastewater products from both a compliance and sustainability perspective. - e.g. CE (MD, LVD), ATEX, FM, UL, CSA, EN45554, ISO 14040
- Preparation and review of drawings for submittal to notified bodies.
- Responsible for the storage and upkeep of standards and product technical files.
- Preparation of technical presentations for project engineering review.
- Liaison with the wider design team and other internal departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Engineering or equivalent relevant background to FETAC level 7.
- Knowledge of international directives and standards relating to industrial equipment would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years industrial experience in a relevant field.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.