About the job Product Manager - Technical Writer
Wholesale Product Manager – Technical Writer
Our client is the leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland. Their business division provides the fastest broadband speeds and connectivity solutions for entrepreneurs, businesses and the public sector.
They are a significant investor in home produced content, including news, current affairs and drama, as well as offering the best in international programming. They also offer extensive sports coverage. Their advertising sales agency creates unique, innovative campaigns for the business and for third party clients across the UK and Ireland.
They are a part of one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies, with operations in six European countries.
About the Role:
Our Client are beginning a discovery process to explore the wholesale data market in Ireland and to enhance an already established wholesale market presence. Working as part of a commercial team, this role will develop wholesale data access products for sale in the Irish wholesale market. Working in collaboration across the business and with management stakeholders, the successful candidate will
- Support multiple aspects of the product management strategy.
- Hold responsibility for all aspects of product performance.
- Hold responsibility for pricing for all elements of a defined product portfolio including, but not limited to, service level and QoS.
- Develop product KPI’s in line with the market including documentation and benchmarking evidence.
- Develop and maintain product manuals, technical handbooks and other material as deemed necessary by management.
- Develop and maintain industry process and product manuals and other associated materials as deemed necessary by management.
- Identify and specify product enhancements and work across the business and with stakeholders to validate and be responsible for delivering them.
- Process development for new products e.g. infrastructure access.
- Hold responsibility for developing and maintaining a product catalogue.
- Hold responsibility for specifying and developing a service order catalogue.
- Act as liaison between the commercial team, Network Operations and other stakeholders relating to process flows.
- Provide support to KAM (Key Account Management) on product discussions with wholesale customers.
- Management of the new product development process.
Attributes Required for the Role:
- Industry knowledge and an insatiable curiosity to understand all dimensions of the wholesale market.
- Attention to detail and passion for accuracy to produce industry quality and standard of technical documents outlining product sets and inter-operator arrangements.
- Process analysis and improvement experience to re-align processes to facilitate wholesale operations alongside existing operations.
- Pricing analysis and business modelling experience including high level of numeracy.
- Support for associated business projects will also be required.
Skills & Expertise:
- Degree level or higher qualification in technical, marketing or demonstratable discipline.
- 5+ years in service management with particular background in high value customer management.
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience in wholesale telco markets and inter-carrier operations.
- Track record of designing and producing technical documentation.
- Product portfolio creation and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate with key stakeholders to senior management level.
- Commercial acumen including pricing and volume based forecasting.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Comfortable presenting findings to all stakeholders.
- Ability to work with sensitive information as required.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Analytical mindset with accuracy and precision as a passion.
- Outcome orientated individual who appreciates the need to pace of delivering pre-determined outcomes.
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the business while ascertaining the key impact leading to the task.
- A ‘team player’ who can lead by example and inspire others on a daily basis.
- Fierce determination to provide results.
- Appreciation of change and ability to adapt to an evolving environment.
- High attention to detail, someone who cares about quality in everything they do.
- A methodical approach to both daily tasks and project work.
- Explores opportunities by being resourceful and self-motivating.