National Sales Lead
On behalf of our Client, a leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland, we are seeking applications for a National Sales Lead.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Sales. The National Sales Lead will be responsible for delivery of the direct sales revenue line and driving growth of new to TV advertisers.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Responsible for the strategic development of direct sales channel and new to TV advertisers.
- Commercial lead on all new direct business development, overseeing the annually agreed discount rates for direct business, developing new clients, servicing existing clients and driving new revenue growth propositions.
- Responsible for delivering the revenue target and delivery of campaigns in collaboration with the wider sales team.
- Monitor advertiser activity with competitors and develop strategy to attract their business to the company.
- Contribute to the wider revenue growth agenda while sharing knowledge and experience as appropriate.
- Lead the sales growth of direct national advertisers and regional agencies, working in conjunction with Head of Sales, Head of Strategy, Trading and Insights, Head of Sales Operations, and the Finance team to identify and operationally deliver relevant revenue opportunities for our client.
- Produce an annual sales plan/strategy aimed at delivering direct revenues targets.
- Grow the existing direct client base through strategic targeting and development of bespoke campaigns and propositions, utilising colleagues across the business.
- Work closely with Client Performance teams to ensure best in class execution of all campaigns and ensuring repeat business.
- Manage relationships and ensure appropriate contracts are in place with any third-party re-sellers / partners of our clients inventory to direct advertisers.
- Regular reporting, forecasting, contracting, and billing alignment with Finance.
- Identify opportunities for growth and improvement through innovation, collaboration and development of internal and external resources/partners.
- Continually monitor and improve the new customer propositions, pre-empting and reacting to client needs and competitor activity.
- Ensure a excellent standard of customer service and client satisfaction, including managing a continually up to date Business Development deck.
- Attend relevant industry, SME and chamber of commerce events and seminars to foster new relationships and gain new direct advertising customers.
- Foster and promote an environment of mutual trust, respect and dignity in the workplace.
- Ad hoc presentations to the Management Board and clients input into the agenda items where appropriate.
- Develop reports to monitor the performance of your team and the proposition.
- Produce weekly and monthly sales activity, funnel and performance reports.
- Maintain the allocated direct business discount and ensure accurate contracting and billing of all campaigns.
- Ensure best in class delivery of campaigns through Campaign Delivery teams.
- Ensure all processes are optimised and continuously improved across sales, product portfolio, billing, customer service, communication etc.
- Ensure all direct reports and the wider team are continually trained and aware of all aspects within the Business Development team.
- Lead the New Business Development Team to continued success through regular client meetings, presentations, and events.
- Manage the development of the business development executive and to drive their growth via PDP and regular 121s within the company.
- The above list is not exhaustive. You will be expected to perform duties as necessitated by your changing role and the overall business objectives of the Company, as directed.
Skills & Expertise:
- A relevant qualification
- 5 years + sales experience in the media industry
- Proven track record in delivering targets and growing customer base
- In-depth knowledge of the advertising market (preferably TV)
- Strong portfolio of client contacts an advantage
- Proven track record in relationship development and understanding of client objectives
- Proven track record of implementing new sales strategies in other roles
- Excellent communications, presentation & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to empower and motivate individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Highly pragmatic self-starter with impressive sales delivery performance record
- Results oriented with demonstrable ability to deliver agreed targets
- Excellent reporting and analysis skills
- Proven ability to operate flexibly in complex and dynamic working environment
- Highly creative and adaptable to changing client needs and market requirements
- Deadline orientated with excellent organisation and time management skills
Our Client is an equal opportunities employer. Having a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.