Data Governance Manager
Our client is the leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland. Every day they deliver connections that really matter for Irish Consumers and Businesses with multi award-winning services including broadband, TV, mobile and home phone. Their business division provides the fastest broadband speeds and connectivity solutions for entrepreneurs, businesses, and the public sector.
About the Role:
Our client is looking for an individual who is passionate about data and the value that is represents as an asset to an organisation. Our client recognises that our industry runs on data and that the value and efficiency we can create within our business depends greatly on the quality, management and availability of that data the right time and in the right manner. They will be an overseer and a planner working with others to get things done.
Working within our clients Strategy Function, the Data Program and Governance manager, will report to the Director of Data, Insight & Analytics. Armed with a strong understanding of the value of data projects and assets they will establish top class ways of working and policies that develop, realise and protect that value. They will be a superb communicator and relationship builder. They will work with stakeholders across the organisation to broaden the understanding of data governance and its value and bring stakeholders with them. They will work closely with Data Architecture, Data Management, IT Delivery, Platform Architecture, PMO, Operations and business/commercial stakeholders to put data at the heart of every project and initiative.
This is a 12 month contract role.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Policy Development: Create a suite of data governance policies including data governance cadence, integration with other business process (e.g. project gate-keeping), data risk registration and management, data cataloguing, ownership and quality
- Data Governance Chair: represent the Director of Data, Insight & Analytics as chair of a cross functional data governance group, established to ensure that data assets and considered and protected in every project
- Business Metric Governance: own a catalogue of business metrics to be maintained in business intelligence reporting, provide process and change mechanisms
- Vendor Selection and Management: participate in vendor selection processes for data integration and analytics activities and manage vendor relationships, delivery and payment
- Data and Analytics Roadmap Ownership: collaborating with Snr Manager for Data Management, Customer Analytics Manager, IT Architecture and Data architecture teams to own and maintain the roadmap for data projects and platform development
- Oversight of data risk related to regulatory and financial reporting, ensuring processes are in place to scope, deliver and review every regulatory requirement
- Own business continuity planning and testing for Data Platform, systems and dependent processes
The success factors of the role include
- Establishment and fulfilment of data governance processes and policies
- Collaborative relationships across business, regulatory, governance, IT and operational functions
- Minimisation of legacy data debt and reduced cost of future project implementation
- Reduced risk related to regulatory data returns and financial reporting
Skills & Expertise:
- A minimum of 6 years post qualification in data management or governance related roles
- A track record of demonstrable impact in fast moving markets, able to show impact on day-to-day ways of working and successful application of policies and controls
- Third level qualification in a business, engineering to quantitative field
- Able to understand, utilise and explain complex technical concepts
- Experience working with Agile delivery plans and exposure to SAfE methodology
- Experience working with procurement processes
- SQL skills sufficient to develop database and model prototypes to support analytics
- Knowledge of cloud-based solutions for data management and processing (e.g. Snowflake, AWS, GCP) and the application of analytical tools
- First class problem solving skills who gets to the heart of the matter
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all times
- A natural leader someone who can motivate others
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and embrace change
- Excelled organisational skills and methodical approach to work
- Highly articulate and informed during all communications
- Previous work expereince in the EU, with EU citizenship or valid Irish Residency Visa.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. Having a diverse workforce is critical to the success of their business.
Our client offers great benefits too, Including holiday allowance, birthday day off, contributory pension, healthcare and discounts on mobile, broadband and cable.