About the job NOC Manager
On behalf of a client, we are seeking an experienced NOC Manager to join their existing team based at their HQ in Co. Limerick, Ireland.
They operate and manage fibre optic infrastructure, including Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs), as well as owning and operating one of the largest licensed wireless networks in Ireland.
They are committed to the development of open access networks and over 80 companies, including Three, Pure Telecom and Vodafone, rely on our network to ensure that they can provide their customers with great communications services - they are the carriers' carrier!
About the job
Reporting to the Director of Customer Operations, the Network Operations Centre (NOC) Manager is responsible for all operations of the Metropolitan Area Networks and associated backhaul infrastructure, along with management of NOC staff in the day-to-day performance of their roles. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring operational commitments are executed on time and with a high degree of quality. The Manager will be a point of escalation for critical incidents with customer impact, identifying and driving operational efficiencies through best practices along with building and managing a highly engaged team and providing strategic direction for the NOC.
Success in this role is highly reliant on the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks. It’s also imperative that the role holder will have the ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and networks, learn new technologies, process information quickly, and can work impeccably in both independent and team environments.
· Responsible for all 24 x 7 x 365 operations of the Metropolitan Area Networks and associated backhaul infrastructure.
· Provide employees with immediate feedback, coaching, and mentoring to improve team performance.
· Meet and exceed all service level commitments given by the business to customers ensuring incidents are worked in a timely manner and to high standard.
· Be a point of escalation for the NOC team and an active leader in managing major incident calls.
· Lead the team in documenting standard operating procedures, creating lesson learned documentation, which can be presented by employees to employees for knowledge sharing.
· Collaborate with engineering teams monthly and foster the collaboration of our employees internally with their engineering peers.
· Primary interface to customers for all operational issues.
· Direct and line manage a team of dedicated operations engineers.
· Manage all third-party support/fault handling relationships and associated service levels.
· Implement effective proactive maintenance programmes.
· Manage Front Office and an on-call rota system for Back Office on a 24x7 basis.
· Develop and maintain systems for performance management, trouble management, fault localisation and integrated incident handling.
· Ensure key projects and day to day operations are delivered effectively and efficiently on time and within budget.
- Track and present NOC metrics and analytics at Board Review Meetings.
The role holder will be qualified in a relevant engineering/electrical/electronic discipline. They will have at least 2 years’ experience in leading and managing teams of engineers in a results-oriented environment with 5+ years in a technical role. Strong track record in telecommunications industry, preferably in a transmission/IP or MPLS.
The role holder will be confident in their approach and be confident in articulating to senior leaders on key KPI’s, metrics in a straightforward manner. They will have good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example. Extremely detail-oriented, high level documentation skills.
Experience of working and closing issues with senior counterparts, customers and suppliers.
Awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
Vendor experience with Ciena, Alcatel Lucent, Ceragon.
Good understanding of Layer 1, 2 & 3 network principles applying to telecom transmission networks.