About the job EHS Manager - Ireland & Nordics
EHS Manager - Ireland & Nordics
- Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Employees can work remotely
On behalf of our Client, a world leader in Inspection, Verification, Testing and Certification, we are seeking an experienced EHS Manager to join their team.
The role will be imbedded in the team of a global technology company, and is an exciting opportunity for an Experience EHS Manager to work as part of their Global EHS Management Team for their offices across Europe implementing best practices and delivering a high standard working environment.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Corporate EHS Manager for Western Europe and will be responsible for the following core duties
- Analysis and preparation of the Risk Assessments for all sites, activities and job departments, including events and business-related activities carried out by our employees outside our premises. Specific / Individual risk assessment for specific (vulnerable) situations.
- Follow up on event planning and work with different areas to ensure safety. Coordination with PR and event planners.
- Produce site-specific booklets regarding risks and preventive measures and distribute to new joiners. Collect evidence that they have been informed.
- Prepare Emergency Preparedness Plans for all our offices with our Facilities teams and ensure that the procedures in it work properly and are in line with local regulations.
- Prepare and follow up all Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans for disabled in coordination with Facilities, Security, HR and Occupational Health Doctor. Participate actively in the different drills and prepare notes to take corrective actions.
- Help implementing Client EHS Standards and Playbooks in line with EHS Local regulations.
- Accident / Incident investigations in Clients internal tool and for Local Authorities. Ensure that employee fills in the correct form, review it with the Occupational health doctor and support HR to report to Local Authorities in a timely manner.
- Prepare a plan to reduce accidents on site and commuting accidents. Produce accident statistics report and follow up trends with Occupational Health Doctor and Facilities for Corrective Actions and Action Plan.
- Attend H&S meetings (including H&S Committees/ ASA) on behalf of our Client.
- Prepare EHS compulsory training for employees, enrol and follow up that compulsory training is completed by employees.
- Prepare and deliver EHS training for Safety Officers, Work Council, emergency and evacuation plan and help delivering and finding the resources needed for Fire Marshals and First Aiders training.
- Support and act as Fire Protection Officer for buildings, if and where possible.
- Coordination with Design and Construction Department to prepare for new building openings and closures. Follow up Health and Safety matters during construction and refurbishment works.
- Conduct regular site visits to identify hazards, non-compliance and to improve controls. Checks on equipment, machinery, tools, wearing of PPEs when needed, signage, electrical, working at heights, etc.)
- Contractor management- Document exchange with contractors. Permit to work. Supervision of JLLs contractors and Clients contractors. Events- Control of documents. Communicate with the different companies hired by our client and review documents provided to help ensuring legal compliance and safety in our buildings.
- Create Health and Safety yearly plan and annual report of activities carried out. Provide a monthly update.
- Establish internal assessment/audit processes aligned to Global and Regional strategic objectives.
- Coordinate the implementation of global programs according to local legal requirements: Global Audit Program, Fire Safety Evaluation, Ergonomics, Wellbeing, etc. Take ownership of corrective actions and work with other stakeholders to close them and collect evidence to justify compliance.
- Preparing responses to insurers/lawyers in response to personal injury claims received.
- Provide support in case of a Labour Inspection regarding Health and Safety upon request from Legal.
- Be involved in all internal and external audits carried out in regards of EHS.
- Weekly Health and Safety 1-hour meetings with Facilities Team to align on EHS plans and check pending corrective actions.
- EHS meetings with the Business Leadership when needed.
- Ensure that site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable on their EHS responsibilities.
- Contributing to reduce environmental impacts and maintain a sustainable approach for corporate office activities.
- Meeting with Occupational Health Doctor to align on Medical Checks and Flu shot preparation. Provide support and coordinate with Facilities team to organize this.
- Supervise that Facilities team is compliant with RACI actions.
- Help EHS Manager Western Europe with budgets.
- Work with different stakeholders to complete all EHS actions: Public Relations, HR, Legal, GREF, Security, etc.
- Procedure to ensure that Risk Assessments for Business Travel are done and work with Occupational Health Doctor on Vaccination Program for frequent travellers
- Answer Trouble Tickets from Employees and provide support when required by Facilities.
- Ergonomics assessments + Support for measures (light, noise, temperature, humidity, air quality, chemicals, etc.) when needed.
- Support HR with the Mental Health Risk Assessment Program.
- Meet EHS team EMEA to align on EHS programs.
- COVID: case management: Work with HR and GREF to ensure case tracking and cleaning and sanitizing according to our internal SOPs. Check trends and work with all stakeholders when there is a need to cap occupancy or relaunching an office.
- Crisis Management Team. If there is any emergency during bank holidays or weekends there will be support needed.
- Visit Nordics offices 1 time per year and implement all needed Health and Safety Activities to comply with legal requirements.
- All other reasonable requests to ensure H&S regulations compliance regarding workplace and Employees working at our Corporate Offices in Ireland and Nordics.
The portfolio is:
- 3 offices in Cork
- 3 offices in Dublin
- 2 offices in Sweden
- 1 office in Denmark
- 1 office in Norway
- 2 offices in Finland
- 3rd level Qualification in a relevant discipline
- 3 - 5 years similar experience
- Experience in a multinational environment an advantage
- Comprehensive understanding of current legislation relevant operating environment
- Evidence of managing and influencing 'soft issues' (values, beliefs, attitudes)
- Excellent leadership and Influencing skills with an ability to facilitate and coach
- Good data analysis skills and the ability to produce detailed reports, along with strong practical presentation and communication capability;
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change;
- Strong project management skills gained in a dynamic business;
- A record of multi‐tasking, identifying priorities and 'trouble shooting' as required;
- An understanding of multinational organisations and how to ensure effective policy implementation.
- A self-starter, able to take the initiative and push projects forward to successful conclusion
- Ability to influence, motivate and encourage teamwork
- A high level of communication skill, emotional intelligence and ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Interested in industry leading practices, implementing and ensuring best standards
- Energy, drive and tenacity
- Solution focused
- Disciplined with a natural flair for organisation, administration and project management
This position is based in Ireland so must be eligible to work in Ireland
Specific purpose contract - circa 2+ years