About the job Site IT Administrator
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Site IT Administrator.
This company is one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of pet food. They are a leader in the private label market.
The IT Administrator will be responsible for the entire technology estate and IT/IS requirements of the production site.
They will be accountable for managing the interface between the IT Department and respective business units, ensuring a wide understanding of IT services and conversely the business requirements underpinned by those services. They will manage 3rd party IT contracts and liaise with those suppliers in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position of IT Administrator. IT Administration includes, but is not limited to the following areas, IT Support, Administration, Networks, Software, Business Analysis, Application Support, Communications and Project Work.
- Ensure that the infrastructure is developed and maintained and that preventative actions are carried out within acceptable timescales in line with internal and external SLA’s
- Engaging with users of the IT Systems in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensuring that all work is logged in the C&D Service Desk System, actioned progressed and documented with the relevant details and solutions within agreed SLA’s
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware, software, application and network problems.
- Maintain, monitor and analyse systems, networks and peripheral IT.
- Ensure IT Documentation is kept up to date as well as any IT administration tasks and compliance to IT Policies and Procedures
- Maintain asset register for all IT assets on the site.
- Build and develop effective working relationships with the site management Team, financial controller and the central IT function.
- Support and maintain factory systems and networks in cooperation with the operations, warehouse and engineering teams.
- Undertake tasks to research new or existing systems and the continuous improvement of new or existing systems.
- Engage with other sites as and when needed to support and collaborate on IT issues
- Work with the Site Data group to ensure business information is accurate and accessible.
- Make recommendations regarding our IT Systems or business process improvements.
- To train members of staff in IT related topics where needed
- Complete reporting requirements as specified by management
Prefered Skills & Attributes
- Team working
- Excellent communication
- Excellent Time Management
- Excellent Documentation and Organisational
- Technical Skills - Networking ( Lan / Wan), Active directory, Server and Desktop Operating systems, Virtualisation, Symantec End point Protection, Firewall, VPN
- Applications - Experience in some or all of the following are desired - MS SQL Server, Cognos, Scripting/Powershell, Microsoft BIDS, MS Office, Notes /Domino
- A degree in computer science or relevant equivalent commercial experience
- Proven documentation and organisational and time management skills
- Minimum of 3 years commercial experience in an IT administrator function.
- Willingness to take on challenges and find solutions as well as pick up new technologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be willing to travel
Knowledge and experience of BI tools, SQL and Report writing and using SSIS
Linux, ITIL, PRINCE2 and CCNA qualifications are considered favourable.
Microsoft certifications as well