About the job Systems Administrator
We are seeking to recruit, on behalf of our client - a large Retail chain - a technically skilled and talented Systems Administrator. This is a newly created role that sits within the Business Improvement Team and reports to Chief Technical Officer.
The design, implementation and continuous management of ICT infrastructures require expert knowledge that will be provided via an external IT Managed Services provider in conjunction with the internal knowledge delivered via the Systems Administrator role.
The busy environment of Retail comes with ever expanding ICT infrastructure, to support the numerous systems in forms of ERP, WMS, EPOS and E-Commerce systems. With this in mind, and considering the utmost importance to the future software / processes / IT expansion, the Systems Administrator role will become one of the key roles in the business to assist delivering the best in class IT Foundation and to support the business from the IT perspective on day-to-day basis.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Provide overall technical oversight of all facets of the organisations ICT infrastructure.
- Manage the relationship with the ICT Managed Services (ITMS) partner, monitor their compliance with SLAs.
- In conjunction with ITMS manage the rollout of new hardware, software, and services as required.
- Create internal ICT policies and procedures. Oversee creation and ongoing updating of ICT documentation by the ITMS partner
- Overall responsibility for project delivery and development of on-going ICT strategy and innovation in consultation with the sections.
- Monitor servers, backups, networks, and other products/services.
- Work closely with colleagues in the business to resolve internally raised technical system issues.
- Troubleshoot issues on business-critical systems which utilise some of the following technologies: proprietary software, LAN/WAN, MS Servers and Workstations.
- Assist in the design, implementation and roll out new ICT systems and services.
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for ICT needs. Do follow-ups with users and customers to confirm that their requirements have been met.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as an Systems Administrator or relevant experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems
- Proven proficiency and experience of MS Server
- Office 365, Active Directory support experience
- Hyper-V or alternatives experience
- Knowledge of Backup and Restore technologies. Experience with Disaster Recovery testing.
- Remote Access and Virtual Desktop Technologies and protocols
- MCSA certification will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Apple Macbook operating system would be an advantage
- Technical Troubleshooting Skills
- Positive attitude, strong customer focus, including the ability to manage colleagues needs and multiple work priorities