About the job UK Regional Sales Engineer
On behalf of our client, a global Inspection, Verification, Testing and Certification company, we are seeking a Regional Sales Engineer, covering the UK market.
This global laeder has more than 93,000 employees and operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world. They deliver global service with local expertise, to market leading clients across 10 different industries worldwide.
Their Gas Analysis Services now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Engineer to join their expanding team, based in Manchester, UK. This is a full-time permanent position reporting directly to the Sales Manager. The core function of this role is to support the continued growth in the areas of Testing and Instrumentation. The individual will be responsible for promoting sales activities in their region and will provide technical sales support to customers and the wider regional UK team
This is role is hybrid.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering new sales opportunities across the UK and meeting and exceeding individual sales revenue targets.
- Proactively call prospects, build relationships with customers to present a technical perspective on the company's sales offering for both testing and instrumentation.
- Draft and follow up on proposals and quotations, overcome objections and close sales, while working to a quarterly sales target.
- Maintain a strong pipeline to meet assigned sales quotas and metrics.
- Acquire, maintain, and keep up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of the territory, including information on current customers, business potential, purchasing protocols, competitor activity and market trends.
- Collaborate with the Irish sales and service team to obtain new customer opportunities on existing Irish customers with facilities in the UK.
- Collaborate with the UK service team to obtain new customer opportunities on existing sites.
- Provide company representation in industry forums, conferences, and related events.
- Interface with internal departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of solution delivery to individual end users.
- Technical support and expertise adviser to all GAS offices and Engineers.
- Familiarising and understanding testing standards such as the European Pharmacopeia test and analysis methods.
- Provide support to overseas offices during or sales related activities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or similar discipline such as Automation/Instrumentation. Business qualifications with relevant work experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years' experience in sales, with a track record in meeting sales targets and selling a B2B product with a financial focus. Experience in Gas Analysers/Instrumentation an advantage.
- Confident to participate in high level technical/sales meetings with customers but flexible to offer a hands-on solution in case a repair is required.
- Ability to successfully manage the sales process through to completion, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues.
- Build and develop excellent customer relationships.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal, with active listening skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated self-management skills, including a proven ability to work independently, to deadlines, set project plans, and deliver results on-time, as promised.
- Strong business analysis and financial acumen.