About the job IT Projects Engineer (Infrastructure)
INNOVATE, an established ICT Services Company based in Co. Wexford are looking for a IT Projects Engineer (Infrastructure) to join their expanding team, delivering modernisation and improvement projects across our client base.
This is a hybrid role, with time divided between work from our Gorey office, from home and on client sites throughout Ireland,
This is an important role within the company and the successful candidate will have an input into a wide variety of projects. This is a great opportunity to enhance your exposure within IT and expand your knowledge across a wide range of technologies.
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions, and provides ongoing support through our managed IT services. INNOVATEs professional services team supports our clients across - Networking | Security | Cloud Infrastructure | Communications | Cloud Productivity.
At our very core is how INNOVATE transform technology for our customers to deliver business outcomes that power their organisation. Our clients value how we provide a secure, resilient ICT infrastructure that increases productivity and supports their business strategy.
The focus of the role is the designing and implementation of projects for the INNOVATE client base. These projects vary in scale and scope from multi-site on-premise server projects to security improvements and virtualisation projects.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and planning server migration projects for clients in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Leading the implementation of projects including carrying out and delegating tasks to others to ensure that projects meet or exceed the clients expectations.
- Establish and maintain project documentation through best practice processes and procedures
- Participate in the development of disaster recovery and business continuity practices.
- Reviewing the current infrastructure and security posture of existing clients and assisting in designing a roadmap for improving the security and performance of their overall estate.
Experience required for this role:
- Minimum of 5 years in an IT working on Server Migration projects
- Strong technical knowledge and background in Microsoft operating systems and client-server technologies
- Extensive experience working with and troubleshooting Server OS
- A sound understanding of global Active Directory environments with Microsoft services such as DNS, DFS, DHCP
- Sound understanding of email and collaboration technologies including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Exchange management
- Azure -exposure to cloud technologies
Behavioural competencies we are looking for:
- Outstanding time management, organisational skills, oral/written communication skills, critical thinking and attention to detail is required
- Ability to interact and communicate with colleagues efficiently and effectively
- Experience working under pressure and against tight deadlines to implement pragmatic and intelligent decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at both management board and end user level
- Be adaptable and work as an effective member of a team
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Work conscientiously and use own initiative
- Must be self-driven, proactive and seek continuous learning opportunities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment including reporting and providing support to various teams and business units