About the job SQL Database Administrator
Our client is the leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland. Every day they deliver connections that really matter for Irish Consumers and Businesses with multi award-winning services including broadband, TV, mobile and home phone. Their business division provides the fastest broadband speeds and connectivity solutions for entrepreneurs, businesses, and the public sector.
They are the Irish division of one of the worlds leading converged video, broadband and communications companies, with operations in six European countries.
About the Role:
On behalf of a client we are seeking an SQL Database Administrator to join their team in Dublin.
The SQL DBA will be the technical expert for the clients Microsoft SQL Server estate comprising of 50+ SQL Enterprise servers.
You will provide guidance on all SQL deployments around architecture, DB optimization, backups and best practice for SQL deployments within organization. You will also be responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of GCP Cloud SQL.
As SQL DBA, you will take a leadership role and have responsibility for the architecture and design of database Solutions. Acting as the focal point to resolve all escalated technical issues as they occur and offer escalated on-call support as required.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Design and build database solutions for all areas of the IT landscape
- Provide technical capability, support and maintenance on MS SQL deployments
- Experience of analyzing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues
- This role will require you to be client facing so you must be very comfortable working with senior stakeholders, and across all level of the business
- Demonstrates strong ability to work under pressure with multiple competing priorities
Skills & Expertise:
- 5+ Years MS SQL Server experience
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Maintain SQL Servers Always on availability groups across multiple sites.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Good understanding of Active Directory
- First-class problem-solving skills who gets to the heart of the matter
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the business while ascertaining the key impact/detail behind the issue/request
- A team player who can lead by example and inspire others on a daily basis
- Flexible approach to work, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace change
- A methodical approach to both daily tasks and project work
- Explores opportunities by being resourceful and self-motivating