About the job Data Architect and SCADA Solutions Engineer
On behalf of our client, an Irish process control, automation, and instrumentation company, we are seeking a Data Architect and SCADA Solutions Engineer. They offer a full spectrum of services from the design and install of primary measurement equipment to large scale process automation and are industry leaders in the field of automation in various vertical markets with current primary focus on water and power industries with a plan to expand into further markets.
We are seeking a Data Architect and SCADA Solutions Engineer for their SCADA and Automation Projects. This is a full time and permanent role will be based in Leixlip, reporting to the Delivery Manager and may include some travel from time to time. This position is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
The Data Architect and SCADA Solutions Engineer will lead a team of SCADA engineers who provide support, implementation, and maintenance of all SCADA installed systems throughout the country. The successful candidate will direct medium sized projects, defining and building SCADA platforms, data analytical solutions and as well guiding team with troubleshooting methods on the SCADA systems deployed.
The ideal candidate should have strong analytical skills with a strong computer knowledge, worked on various platforms including server client-based architectures and database applications.
The Data Architect and SCADA Solutions Engineer will work on deploying Telemetry and SCADA Projects. The candidate will be responsible for new design builds, data solution architectures along with support of the existing telemetry and SCADA infrastructure, also providing ongoing support to our service and project teams.
- Responsible for SCADA systems deployment including planning, designing, and implementing of architectures and user applications associated with control, communication, and network support systems
- Lead and create industry standard technical/security solutions based on SCADA and Telemetry Systems
- Ability to drive optimised and cost-effective technical solutions
- Deploying standardized solutions including development of libraries, graphics, documentation, and operator manuals.
- Be a knowledge expert on SCADA, Telemetry systems design and deployment
- Responsible for life cycle status of the SCADA products deployed at site and maintains up to date with the latest technology and assists management in establishing and implementing upgrades.
- Liaising with SCADA Product suppliers for product upgrades, enhancements, newer versions, releases, and product upgrades including training. Define and coordinate with product suppliers for cybersecurity solutions for systems associated with digital data transfer and computer systems. Ensures best technology, tools, and platform architecture.
- Responsible for security, maintenance, and improvement of the SCADA and communications systems for Water and Wastewater applications. Plans, designs, and maintains the data infrastructure leveraging the Azure Cloud, while implementing solutions to manage and store data for IW.
- Responsible for the team delivering SCADA systems including database engineering, user interface deployment, communication systems integration with PLCs and RTUs and other Smart Devices.
- Define and guide implementation of SCADA standards adhering to international standards including to the latest trends of IoT and network-based architectures.
- Responsible for integration of Historian systems, Reports, integration of Level 3 and Level 4 systems in a customer environment. (EMS, Data Analytics, to name few)
- Manages installations, configurations, and modifications of new and upgraded software and hardware for the SCADA; directs and manages the development and application of new technologies to achieve higher efficiency, productivity, and customer service in work processes.
- Develops data communications strategies for the SCADA systems, and provide cost, reliability, and security impact metrics for all available communication mediums. Extracts, interprets, and analyses summarized data from various sources to generate analytical reports for discussing SCADA operations performance.
- Responsible for development of relevant Test Standards including test documentation.
- Responsible for documentation associated with Change Management, Version Control and User interfaces.
- Monitors, collects, and assesses SCADA system performance data for proactive problem resolutions and fixing issues associated with software deployment.
- Defines roadmaps and life cycle of SCADA architecture to support latest applications, platforms, and databases.
- Design and system integration; defines infrastructure needed by analysing customer and information requirements. Liaising with Commercial/Sales and support product demos, provide technical architecture with specification compliance for customer solutions.
- Performs other related duties that may be reasonably expected as part of this classification.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- Computer Science/Engineering Level 8 Degree or equivalent.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in implementation of SCADA systems, Historian systems, communication interfaces, UI, and other network-based systems
- A thorough knowledge on Microsoft applications, UI applications and tools is a prerequisite for the role.
- Knowledge on implementation of plant-based Level 3 & 4 Automation systems will be an added advantage
- Implementation of SCADA systems including working on communication protocols such as Modbus TCP, IEC 104, Ethernet, DNP 3.0 WITS Protocols etc.,
- Knowledge of implementing latest system with features such as MQTT, OPC UA, OPC DA etc.
- Working experience on database solutions utilising platforms based on Windows operating systems is distinct advantage
- SCADA platform experience ICONICS, Intouch, Wonderware, WinCC, Citect SCADA, ONSPEC
- Strong understanding of industrial control systems would be required.
- Instrumentation & Measurement experience a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with computer equipment and technology
- Ability to manage a team with strong leadership skills
- Previous relevant experience in Water/Power Systems an advantage
- Knowledge of object orientated programming
- Excellent client facing experience
- Background in utilities with in-depth knowledge and experience of SCADA
- Ability to show initiative and complete out on assigned tasks
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Must be highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficient in Windows server and client architecture Operating systems.
- Ability to collaborate at a variety of levels, coupled with excellent organisation, planning and team building skills
- Demonstrate a professional and positive approach to work
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer relationship management skills
- Full, clean driving licence