About the job Senior Network and Security Analyst
On behalf of our client, a leading connected entertainment and broadcast business in Ireland, we are seeking a Senior Network & Security Analyst to work with the Director of Cyber Security.
Our client is part of one of the worlds leading converged video, broadband and communications companies with operations in seven European countries. They are a founding member of the European Green Digital Coalition and are included in the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
About the Role:
The client operates in all business markets from small to medium enterprise, medium to large enterprise. Offering Irelands fastest broadband and a range of data, fixed voice, mobile, cloud and security solutions to keep customers connected. This is great opportunity to join a fast-paced diverse team that love to build connections that really matter and have fun while doing it.
As a Senior Network and Security Analyst in the Cyber Security Team, the successful candidate will take responsibility for providing guidance and ensure Security, Governance, Risk and Technical Security Compliance across the IT and physical environments. This role requires a decision maker, someone who can build security risk models. It will also be operational and hands on, liaising with internal IT groups, as well leveraging external security expertise. You will be required to assess and assist in the enforcement of Information Security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Administer and monitor security solutions and provide key KPIs to the business.
- Liaise with the various business units to ensure data protection policies are followed and all implemented business processes align with the company's security policies.
- Taking key decisions in compliance standards, control/governance and mitigation ensuring business units are ready for certification audits
- Manage security incidents, escalating where necessary to the Global Security group and ensuring senior leadership are fully informed
- Auditing of security capabilities, governance within functions and compliance and industry recommendations
- Engaging with industry partners and providers with regards to leveraging current and emerging practices and tooling within the Security sector
- Provide security input into the design of the companies on-prem and cloud network architecture.
- Maintain, enhance, and contribute to the documentation around security tools, processes & procedures
- Own delivery of the company's wider information security strategy and data governance.
- Own IT Securitys input into risk and compliance programme initiatives such as GDPR, ISO 27001, SOC, NIST, etc.
Skills & Expertise:
- Have acquired or be in the process of acquiring a security certification E.G. CISA, CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySA+ or other security related technology certifications.
- Have acquired or be in the process of acquiring a security certification E.G. Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or Google cloud certification.
- Have acquired or be in the process of acquiring a technical certification E.G. Cisco CCNA, Cisco CBROPS, Cisco CBRCOR, Cisco CBRFIR, Cisco SCOR, Cisco SVPN, Cisco SAUTO, FortiGate Essentials, FortiGate Security, FortiGate Infrastructure, FortiGate Enterprise Firewall technology certifications.
- Ability to implement Computer Hacking tools (ex. Pen-testing / Vulnerability Management, Reconnaissance)
- Prior experience with vulnerability & patch management programs and tools, change control and general IT governance processes.
- Possess Knowledge of Network protocols (ex. routing, switching, client/server communications, TCP/IP, OSI, Server Hardening).
- Must have broad understanding of IT infrastructure at a network, server, and endpoint level
- Must be experienced with cybersecurity controls including Firewalls, DDoS, IPS/IDS, URL Filtering, SIEM Solutions, Web Application Firewalls, multi-factor authentication, PKIs Environment, anti-malware protections, anomaly detection, etc.
- Experience with mobility solutions including EDR, XDR, MDM, MAM, auto-enrolment, and BYOD.
- Must be experienced in solutions including identity management, Federation, ADFS, AD Connect, SAML, etc.
- Possess a good understanding of risk management, security architecture, common design flaws/weaknesses, and vulnerability analysis.
- Experience in administering security aspects of Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and Google Cloud tenancies, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Extensive understanding of Information security management best practices, including knowledge of policies and standards (ISO27001, NIST, 27005, 22301, SOX, SOC, CIS Framework PCI-DSS or equivalent)
- Must have the ability to coordinate and manage several Security related projects as well as ability to coordinate manage reporting of Information and IT security, metrics, risk, and exposure
- Must be capable of providing easy to understand documentation and training materials supporting the security infrastructure and associated security capabilities
- Must be a team player and be able to interact effectively with other colleagues and stakeholders to accomplish common tasks
- Must have the ability to complete all job functions with minimal supervision
- Must be able to adhere to the regular work schedule and be willing to support incident response needs as required, which may occur outside of regular business hours
- Able to provide leadership in complex situations spanning business units and operating companies
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders in the context of improving Security processes and practices
- Experience in presenting findings, making recommendations, and articulating at a senior management level
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Applicants must be EU citizen or have a Stamp 4 visa.