About the job Director of Cyber Security
On behalf of our client, a leading connected entertainment and broadcast business in Ireland, we are seeking a Director of Cyber Security to lead their security function across its business, products and operations.
This is a critical role and will require a strong, experienced, highly motivated and knowledgeable individual with extensive leadership skills and experience in operating in a complex, matrix organization where security is managed and delivered both at a international and local level.
Our client is part of one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies, with operations in six European countries.
About the Role:
The Director of Cyber Security will need to demonstrate extensive security experience across all aspects of security including technical security, physical & personnel security, corporate security, security risk management and indeed security reporting.
The role will have a limited local security team as many security services are provided from the clients International Group Security team. That said, there is the opportunity to leverage partners in order to extend local Security capabilities, as the Director of Cyber Security will be responsible for ensuring and assuring the local company Board that all of its assets, products, services and facilities are appropriately secured and within the parameters determined by local regulatory and legal requirements.
The individual must be able to demonstrate exceptional business acumen, stakeholder management skills and ability to use and deploy consulting and influencing skills.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Responsible for Security vision, mission, strategy, roadmap and budget in consultation with senior leadership
- Manage local security governance requirements across the business
- Manage the relationship with Group Security and Security partners in the provision of security services to meet local requirements
- Act as Security Incident Manager for all local management engagement and
- Focal point / SME for external engagement on all security matters with local regulatory bodies and the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)
- Provide local security guidance to the business and technical teams
- Undertake initial technical security triaging for all projects to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and/or referred to the Group Security Architect and Engineering teams for support
- Responsible for leading the delivery and improvement of the Security Improvement and BC programmes ensuring alignment to relevant legislation and business requirements
- Ensure the company operates aligned to Group Security Policies, Standards and requirements
- Ensure Security Governance and compliance are managed effectively & highlight security risks in a timely manner
- Continually assess risk environment and update the Security Strategy accordingly
- Support and coordinate proactive security and privacy by design with the project delivery teams
- Coordinate compliance audits and campaigns in the areas of security
- Directly manage a small team of full-time employees and partners, including setting strategic objectives and prioritising team workstreams
- Engage with senior leadership from a wide range of teams to ensure that security is embedded into business processes and procedures
- Responsible for all security status reporting as required by senior leadership
- Oversee the design and implementation of a security champions and training programme for the company
Skills & Expertise:
- Solid 8+ years’ experience of successfully designing, delivering and improving security across medium/large, matrixed organisations
- Extensive track record of successfully delivering security programmes
- Experience in managing security incidents
- Detailed knowledge of Irish Regulatory and resilience security requirements
- Detailed knowledge of risk management processes (ISO31000)
- Track record of successfully delivering a security maturity programme in medium/large, matrix organisation
- Security professional certifications – CISM, CISSP, CRISC or other such certifications/accreditations
- Strong awareness of NIST CSF
- Knowledge or experience of the telecommunications industry
- You will need to have experience across the breadth and depth of security to be able to ensure that has a holistic security programme and understanding of its security posture
- You will need to have a deep understanding of technical cyber security – having come through a technical or operational security route
- You will need to have excellent engagement skills and experience with external 3rd parties and internal C suite level stakeholder skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Demonstrable leadership and personnel/project management skills
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, able to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and leadership qualities in order to ensure agreement across the organisation, especially on difficult/contentious issues