About the job L1 NOC Engineer
Our client is the market leader for business connectivity. Low latency, high speed, industry leading pricing, exceptional turnaround times and outstanding level of service are the company's cornerstone values.
They are now seeking a Level 1 Network Engineer to work as part of the NOC Team, provisioning connections, troubleshooting client-side issues, monitoring the network and managing specific projects. The current team are young, dynamic and enthusiastic. The city centre location ensures that the team can combine fast paced career development as well as easy access to local amenities. Candidates have every opportunity to develop their career and encourage training and further education where relevant. It is a fun, but fast paced work environment where every team member has a strong input into the development of the business.
This role requires the candidate to be on-call for one week in 6 (approx.) on a pre-arranged roster. There is a guaranteed bonus payment of 2,000 per annum for being part of the on-call roster.
LOCATION - Dublin City Centre
- Troubleshooting client-side issues and monitoring the network.
- Providing support as part of the wider team.
- Provisioning Installs.
- Sharing networking tasks with NOC Team.
- Building and configuring radio/network equipment.
- Trouble shooting Juniper devices.
- Scheduling Maintenance and Installs.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the support processes.
- Special projects related to NOC Support and Network Engineering
- Ongoing self-development.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years experience in NOC/ Telco networking role
- Working understanding of Juniper/Cisco systems
- The ability to multitask and work on several complex projects at any given time.
- Personable and friendly with a desire to help both customers and team members.
- As a portion of this role is customer facing, fluent English is essential.
- Ability to work within a dynamic team while working on your own projects