About the job Solution Architect
Reporting into Head of Architecture and Transformation within the IT Delivery and Transformation function, the Solution Architect will play a key role in the maturation and evolution of the IT Architecture and Transformation practice and the adoption/maturation of the company's architecture and standards methodology.
LOCATION - Dublin/Limerick
- Interface directly with the user(s) and sponsor(s) and all other stakeholders in order to determine solution requirements.
- Generate high level solution and detailed technical system designs, based on business requirements and other constraints.
- Ensure that the set of requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
- Partitioning large systems into (successive layers of) subsystems and components each of which can be handled by a single engineer or team of engineers
- Liaising with the implementation team so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and users' needs and constraints.
- Ensuring that a maximally robust and extensible design is developed
- Generate Solution Architecture and System Architecture documentation and assets such as sketches, diagrams, models to keep the users and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving.
- Ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to seriously lag or become obsolete.
- Leadership over component delivery team(s) and responsibility for the backlog prioritization, planning, implementation and delivery for that team within an agile environment.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in IT-related discipline or equivalent industry experience preferred
- Strong project management and leadership experience
- Ability to balance what is technically or strategically right with what is practical or achievable
- Excellent communication skills, with an impressive pro-active attitude
- 4 years experience in the same or a similar role preferred
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of technologies, architecture design, programming skills.
- Highly skillful in OSS system architecture, BSS System Architecture, designs, specifications for service provisioning, design, and configuration.
- Knowledge of industry standards, technology standards & architecture frameworks as TAM, eTOM, SID, TOGAF, SOA, Web 2.0 is a plus.
- Experience in OSS/BSS MVNO Domain, Customer Management, Order Management, Billing Management, Product/Service/Resource Management, Application Integration and Data Management is a plus.
- Good experience in designing Micro services in a container, orchestration, CI/CD based environment.
- Good knowledge about system integrations tools and technologies (in a high-volume environment)
- Knowledge about productivity tools like version control systems (GIT / SVN etc.), project tracking systems like JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a large scale IT-enabled transformation programme. Solid understanding of the systems development lifecycle
- Strong experience with solutions respecting security and data privacy (GDPR, CCPA) and PCI compliance requirements.
- Certification or demonstrable experience working with architectural methods such as TOGAF, FEAC or Zachman. Experience using an architecture tool is desirable.
- Knowledge of Security by Design best practices
- Unquenchable curiosity, a passion for learning, and a constant desire for self-improvement
- Desirable that understand latest developments in tools/techniques such as Low Code Development Tools.
- Good/Moderate understanding and experience of Cloud eco-systems like: Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP and Hybrid tools like Google Anthos.
- Good knowledge about some/all of the tools - .NET, Web Api, Angular, Microservices, ASP .NET, SQL Server, Power BI.
- Moderate/good knowledge of data warehousing, SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and embrace change
- High attention to detail, someone who cares about quality in everything they do
- A methodical approach to both daily tasks and project work
- Explores opportunities by being resourceful and self-motivating
- First class problem solving skills who gets to the heart of the matter with complex issues
- Excellent Analytical Skills & experience in achieving tangible results in sometimes challenging environments
- Design and implement cloud-based solutions for the SaaS based platform using Azure cloud ecosystem. Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features. Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization on set of Azure services.
- Participates in solution selling activities with pre-sales and sales team to understand the prospect / lead and help in demonstrating the solution as a right fit.
- Implement end-to-end systems integrations with variety of 3rd party systems / applications using cloud-based services like middle-wares etc.
- Participate in product architecture design and review in consultation with the product development team.
- Assist with continuous improvement in project delivery by way of defining and optimizing processes.
- Implement automated process targeted for monitoring, cost optimization, performance improvement etc.
- 23 holiday days with the ability to buy up to 5 additional days each year
- Increased annual leave after 5 years
- Privated medical insurance & employee assistance program from Day 1
- Pension - employer & employee contribution available from Day 1
- Corporate and employee discounts
- Cycle to work scheme