About the job Business Activity Lead
Our client is the leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland. Every day they deliver connections that really matter for Irish Consumers and Businesses with multi award-winning services including broadband, TV, mobile and home phone.
They are the Irish arm on a multinational; one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies, with operations in six European countries.
Reporting to the Programme office Director, the Business Activity lead will be a key member of the Programme office team responsible for the facilitation, monitoring and evaluation of business customer journeys across the business. Working alongside the PMO project managers supported by two business analysts to deliver robust customer journey solutions for project delivery while also identifying areas for improvement within the existing customer journeys. Underpinning these activities will be the support of the Business Intelligence team input to facilitate identification of problem areas based on business KPI’s. Facilitated by the Programme office checkpoint process and following analysis of the BI data, identified customer journey amendments and solutions will be presented to the senior management team on a regular basis with a view to ensuring that there is cross-functional accountability and prioritisation of appropriate and timely solutions to facilitate change.
- Work alongside the Programme Office to identify documenting business customer journeys to ensure that business impact and project objectives/ dependencies are identified, reported on while customer journeys remain current in line with business change.
- Provide inputs in support of the post deployment project reviews as part of the checkpoint process lifecycle
- Work closely with the business intelligence team to identify and analyse KPI’s with a view to identifying trends and weaknesses
- Provide regular updates to the senior management team highlighting customer journey problem areas and potential interim/ long-term solutions
- Coaching and supporting two business analysts who will be responsible for the maintenance of all customer journeys working alongside the business functional areas to continuously seek to identify and prioritise for change based solely on data provided by KPI’s outlined by the business process owners
- Prioritisation of critical areas for improvement working with IT, operations and other areas of the business to identify innovative solutions and strategies to improve the overall customer journey outcomes while maintaining customer and commercial focus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology field
- Excellent analytical and co-ordination skills, a ‘completer – finisher’ taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment which requires robust metrics to confirm success
- Telecommunications business mapping experience preferable
- Six Sigma Certification min 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- First class problem solving skills who gets to the heart of the matter.
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the business while ascertaining the key impact/detail behind the issue/request.
- A team player who can lead by example and inspire others on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace change.
- A methodical approach to both daily tasks and project work.
- Explores opportunities by being resourceful and self-motivating.