About the job Mechanical TechnicianMechanical Technician
We have an urgent requirement for one of the global companies with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water, and services.
We're Looking For:
- As a Mechanical Technician you will perform mechanical commissioning activities completing pre and post energization checks and quality control records. Assist or supervise with vendors the testing and tuning of equipment. Conduct rotary equipment alignments and initial runs. Troubleshoot mechanical problems that may arise during the commissioning or operation of the facility.
- Perform mechanical installation checks and validate correct execution of the works.
- Perform alignment on rotary equipment.
- Check initial run of mechanical equipment performance such a vibrations and temperature control and asses the performance based on the obtained data.
- Provide maintenance emergency response to respond in a safe and timely manner to the operational needs of the plant.
- Perform a variety of maintenance-related tasks including planned and reactive maintenance, sub-contractor management and supplier liaison including liaison with technical support.
- Ensure that the commissioning obligations of the project are carried out in accordance with the terms of contract, quality and schedule in conformance with good practice of commissioning standards. Ensure mechanical equipment operation and performance are in compliance with the design criteria.
- Populate the documentation for mechanical commissioning such inspection reports or commissioning test reports.
- Investigate and troubleshoot mechanical problems that may arise during the plant commissioning or operation. Comply with all instructions for job task completion.
- Someone with mechanical engineering or mechanical trade qualifications, supported by reasonable hands-on experience in the water industry or a related industry (e.g., chemical process industry).
- Experience on commissioning and troubleshooting mechanical equipment on large water treatment facilities.
- Experience in maintenance and repairs of big size pumps, blowers, mixers, valves, penstocks, compressors and pipework of different materials.
- Familiarity in the use of PCs and a range of software and Knowledge of quality assurance.
- Be enthusiastic and dedicated, with high levels of initiative and drive, Possess a high level of maturity, with the ability to make decisions relating to the availability and quality of the public water supply.
- Possess sound judgment in relation to operational issues. Be able to work under pressure for extended periods.
- Be flexible with the ability to adapt to change and rapidly apply new knowledge. Be a reliable team member with leadership capabilities or potential, and be an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Competitive Salary: AED8,000 - AED 10,000
- Shift Hours: 11 Hrs a day
- Week Off: 1 Day