About the job Loss control/Insurance Field Inspector - Victoria County
Commercial and Residential Independent Contractor for Insurance Loss Control.
Independent Contractors Duties:
- The physical characteristics, exterior measurements, general conditions, photographs, unusual hazards, and recommendations associated with a property are part of our comprehensive reports that summarize the observable hazards associated with a risk.
- The above information is used by our client companies to determine whether a risk meets the carrier's eligibility requirements.
- Inspectors are the "eyes" for the insurance underwriter, who is generally in another area and confined to an office.
Inspectors set their own hours and work schedules in which they organize to accommodate the needs of our clients.
Insurance Inspector Independent Contractor Qualifications:
- Be an energetic individual capable of completing a high volume of insurance inspections.
- Be motivated, analytical, resourceful, decisive, and have good problem-solving skills.
- Have solid written, composition and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong desire to succeed and work independently with limited direction & guidance.
- Be self-disciplined, organized, and able to manage an aggressive workload and have the ability to prioritize and schedule inspections timely and efficiently.
- Not necessary but a plus: VIITA Certification, previous experience in construction/plumbing/electrical industries, life safety/firefighting, general contracting, or property management.
Insurance Inspector Technical Requirements:
- A Microsoft Windows based PC Windows 10
- Google Chrome or Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Broadband internet connection
- Digital camera or smart phone capable of interfacing with your PC
- Color inkjet or laser printer
- Reliable, insured transportation and valid driver's license
- A measuring wheel, monopod, and a clipboard.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume, accompanied by a short, but precise, cover letter explaining why you feel you are suited for this position. Candidates are subject to criminal background checks. If you meet our qualifications, you will be contacted immediately.