About the job Java Software Engineer
Who are we?
Intellinexus is a business-led data and business intelligence consultancy that empowers organisations with data-driven decision-making capabilities. We combine innovation and expertise with access to the best talent to help organisations become smarter, more agile, and more resilient to the changes in their operating environments. Our expert teams apply a mastery of data and technology to craft strategies that revolutionise business decision-making, and give organisations access to real-time, actionable insights into the performance of their business. For more information, please visit www.intellinexusgroup.com
What do we offer?
- We offer both remote and hybrid work opportunities
- Intellinexus is an SME, therefore you get a lot of exposure to different technologies, solutions and techniques during projects.
- Intellinexus supports career development and growth of its employees, therefore time and money is invested to grow their consultants in their careers.
Overall purpose of the role
Use the automation framework and pre-defined test tools to inspect, analyse, design, develop and implement re useable automated test assets to quality assure the solution and its architecture to ensure the overall quality of the solution.
- Reinforce and support the Client's drive of Agile working into end to end project and development lifecycles
- Actively participate in the planning, estimation and sizing of products, features, stories to be delivered.
- Delivery of a well structured and standard designed, quality assurance solutions within the timelines agreed with the delivery team.
- Report status of testing to the squad daily, and manage the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
- Contribute to the retrospective reviews to introduce efficiencies which will ensure quicker delivery with high quality to our clients.
- Embrace collaboration and customer centred service design philosophies, to ensure quality, collaboration and customer focus are central focuses.
- Work closely with QA Leads, Chapter Leads, Developers, Architects, Product Owner and other Stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client.
- Build and foster deep relationship with Peers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Owner and other Stakeholders though honest communication which align to the Client Values.
- Liaise with Stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Core Technical Team to continuously improve the test harness, automation frameworks and overall platform.
- Drive sound technical Quality Assurance practices, methods and a culture of quality across the business:
- Application/Solution Architect to understand the approach to test automation.
- Develop the automation code using the automation framework for execution.
- Implement the test automation solutions with the objective that it has adequate coverage within the sprint and can be reused foregression testing.
- Ensure the test automation solution meets the architectural and development standards that are reusable and scalable.
- Apply technical quality assurance skills to contribute to business excellence and success:
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Contribute to the Client's Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Lean Software Development knowledge of this Agile framework and its core principles to remove excess from projects to provide work with business value.
- Kanban Development understanding of the principles of this Agile framework and its core practices used to visualise and revise work as it is being developed.
- Extreme Programming understanding of the values and principles of Agile Extreme Programming
- (Agile XP) and knowledge of the Agile XP core.
- Data analysis is a process of inspecting, cleansing, transforming and modelling data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusion and supporting decision making.
Java Development with J2EE and/or Springboot knowledge:
- Optimise Java applications, ensuring UI/UX feasibility, and implementing API designs and architecture.
- Have an understanding of web mark up and expert knowledge of Java.
- Optional C# and Python languages.
Object Orientation (Developers):
- Knowledge of Object Oriented design and programming in Java.
- Computer Programming Skills are the skills which are required to program according to given constraints and satisfying all test cases with optimal space and time.
Role relevant related Technologies:
- Experience and exposure of tools like Cucumber, Jbehave, Selenium, Appium, Soap UI, Jira: Basic to Intermediate
- Soap and RESTFUL services.
- Service Cirtualisation and use of hper coverged infrastructure: Basic.
- Performance and load testing.
- Knowledge of the system and interface testing principles and processes, including testing, reporting,
- case management, results management.
- Developing and leveraging relationships within and across work groups to achieve results.
- Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analysing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimises probable consequences.
- Using effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific work outcomes.
- Effectively managing ones time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills:
- Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leveraging expert knowledge to accomplish results.
- Experience of implementing QA solutions within a continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline.
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others.
- Assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future your career, your personal development, and for achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through Intellinexus and its clients, we provide many opportunities for growth and development.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org