About the job Business Intelligence Business Analyst
Who are we?
Intellinexus is a business-led data and business intelligence consultancy that empowers organisations with data-driven decision-making capabilities. We combine innovation and expertise with access to the best talent to help organisations become smarter, more agile, and more resilient to the changes in their operating environments. Our expert teams apply a mastery of data and technology to craft strategies that revolutionise business decision-making, and give organisations access to real-time, actionable insights into the performance of their business. For more information, please visit www.intellinexusgroup.com
What do we offer?
- We offer both remote and hybrid work opportunities
- Intellinexus is an SME, therefore you get a lot of exposure to different technologies, solutions and techniques during projects.
- Intellinexus supports career development and growth of its employees, therefore time and money is invested to grow their consultants in their careers.
Overall purpose of the role
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst/Developer is responsible for building, implementing and supporting Microsoft BI solutions. The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment). The BI Analyst/Developer should have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies and will have had in-depth experience with the Microsoft BI Azure Stack (Azure Data factory, Synapse analytics, Gen2 data lake).
- The BI Analyst/Developer should understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement End to End BI solutions
- The developer must have experience with the Microsoft BI stack and exposure to other technologies is a plus (R, Python, and Hadoop).
- Interact with Business Analysts and End Users to establish information needs
- Interact with systems analysts, architects and development managers to understand source structures and information
- Conduct data analysis, data profiling and data modeling
- Writing functional and technical specifications, process flows and source-to-target mappings
- Develop SSAS tabular models through working closely with stakeholders in an agile methodology
- Develop visualization dashboards using data story telling methods
Qualification and experience
- Related Bachelors degree
- Microsoft data management and analytics BI certification, advantageous
- 5+ years Business Intelligence experience
- 5+ years of database design or integration experience with SQL Server databases
- Relational Database and SQL Language
- Power BI, Power Pivot, M, T-SQL,PL SQL, DAX
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Azure data factory)
- Data Warehouse / Solution Design
- Dimensional Modeling (Kimball Methodology)
- SSAS Tabular Development (Microsoft SSAS and DAX, M)
- Understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement Microsoft BI solution
- Experience with the Microsoft BI stack and exposure to other technologies is a plus (Python, R)
- Analysis and Communication Skills
- Data gathering, research and analytical abilities so as to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs
- Create written communication materials that effectively summarize findings and support recommendation
- Direct quality assurance and user acceptance testing (Unit and UAT)
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
Were all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future your career, your personal development, and for achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through Inellinexus and its clients, we provide many opportunities for growth and development.