About the job Data Analyst (Junior/Intermediate/Senior)
Who are we?
Intellinexus is a business-led data and business intelligence consultancy that empowers organisations with data-driven decision-making capabilities. We combine innovation and expertise with access to the best talent to help organisations become smarter, more agile, and more resilient to the changes in their operating environments. Our expert teams apply a mastery of data and technology to craft strategies that revolutionise business decision-making, and give organisations access to real-time, actionable insights into the performance of their business. For more information, please visit www.intellinexusgroup.com
What do we offer?
We offer both remote and hybrid work opportunities
Intellinexus is an SME, therefore you get a lot of exposure to different technologies, solutions and techniques during projects.
Intellinexus supports career development and growth of its employees, therefore time and money is invested to grow their consultants in their careers.
Overall purpose of the role
This role will be responsible for sourcing and transforming a wide range of data across the business into formats that can be used by end users to develop differentiating business insights.
We are looking for an individual with experience in using a variety of data tools, analysis methods and data visualization to turn data into actionable insights with demonstrable business impact.
They will assist in specifying complex business rules using the specified toolsets to enable the data modellers to create complex analytical models. Hence, they need to understand and continuously seek to build knowledge of data and information.
The person fulfilling this role will not only analyse data models, but also test the outputs, investigate & troubleshoot data issues and devise solutions in line with best practice. A high competency in problem-solving capabilities is thus essential. They should be able to communicate business information to technical teams, as well as be competent in communicating challenges and solutions to the team.
An understanding of data management solutions and a keen sense of the strategic value of information to an organisation will be of importance.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end tasks within the data analysis framework working with business representatives, product owners, etc. to define and elicit requirements, analyse data and create reports/dashboards.
This role will also ask that the individual can lead other more junior analysts and take responsibility of stakeholder engagement.
- Acquire data from various data sources and combine & transform data into interpretable datasets, reports, or dashboards.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data-gathering techniques.
- Extend the companys data with third-party sources of information when required.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Perform data profiling of data contained in source systems.
- Provide detailed analysis of all data implemented into the database.
- Provide the data mapping and associated transformation rules for each data item.
- Ensure that the business requirements and subsequent development activities are supported by accurate information.
Analysis and Visualisation
- Interpret data, analyse results using analytical techniques and provide reports and/or dashboards.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Use data to answer key questions about the business.
- Own and maintain dashboards, ongoing reporting, and ad hoc requests from the organization.
- Support and maintain the project data models at multiple levels of detail and functionality (conceptual, logical, normalised, relational, dimensional, application level, subject-level, integrated, etc.).
- Assist Data Modelers to draw up detailed data models.
- Work directly with management and other business users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Lead facilitation requirements gathering workshops with the business.
- Lead collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to analyze information needs, functional requirements, and business processes.
- Provides problem-solving assistance to other team members.
- Coach and assist junior team members.
Qualification and experience
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree (Information Systems; Statistics; Data or Computer Science; Engineering) or equivalent (preferred but not essential).
- Functional experience in analytics, data visualization, or reporting.
- 5+ years of experience performing data analysis.
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages.
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings for stakeholder use.
- Experience working with data in various data sources and databases.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical terms.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases with proven SQL skills.
- Ability to comply with and manage data assets under a strict governance framework.
- Experience in agile development.
- Ability to work with data profiling, data quality, and reference data toolsets advantageous.
Living up to our core competencies will help you achieve a successful career with us.
- Inquisitive: Eager for knowledge, intellectually curious, inspired by experimentation, and trying out new ideas and technology. Genuinely interested in our clients, their business, and the industry.
Beyond asking the What? and How? of a client challenge, Intellinexus is driven by asking Why?.
- Mastery: Never satisfied or resting on our laurels, weve achieved mastery by honing the craft through practice. Navigating by a deep understanding of what quality looks and feels like, our mastery shows itself through our informed choices throughout the journey.
- Optimistic: Constraints present opportunities for innovation and challenges fuel the need for change. We have an entrepreneurial view of the future, one where change is welcome, and technology is a force for good.
Grounded in reality, with a respect for constraints, Intellinexus brand of optimism is pragmatic and empowering.
- Transformative: We are in the business of transformation; moving from the present state to the future state is what drives us. This is not transformation for the sake of change, but a deep desire to create a better world for our clients and their businesses.
- Intrepid: We are a movement of fearless, daring, and bold doers who deliver on what others may find impossible to do.
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organizations goals.
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical terms.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
Were all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future your career, your personal development, and for achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through Inellinexus and its clients, we provide many opportunities for growth and development.