Job Openings Data Scientist
About the job Data Scientist
Experience & Qualification:
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field. Honors or Masters advantageous.
- 1-2 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages when managing data: (eg. R, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc. and their real-world advantages and drawbacks.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: (eg. Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience visualising/presenting data for stakeholder use and reuse across the business
- Business experience in financial services or financial asset management will be advantageous
- Knowledge of various toolsets such as SAP Hana Studio, SAP Data Services, Informatica Data Quality Suite, Cloudera big data storage and Microsoft Power BI will be advantageous.