Job Openings BI Data Solution Architect
About the job BI Data Solution Architect
Our client is currently looking for a BI Data Solution Architect:
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering or another quantitative field preferred
- 5-10 years related experience
- Application and data engineering background with a solid background in SQL is required
- Designing, building and maintaining a modern data platform, including data lakes, data warehouses, business friendly semantic layers, etc.
- Extensive experience with data warehousing (Kimball and Data Vault patterns are preferred) and dimensional data modelling (OLAP and MDX experience)
- Exposure to modern data platform technologies including Hadoop (Hive, Impala, Ozzie, etc.), data movement and ETL tools, scripting (Python, Java, etc.), database technologies and visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Power BI or similar)
- Understanding of the information management and information architecture domain (e,g DAMA / DMBOK)
- Understanding of identity and access management technologies (LDAP / Kerberos / SAML / IBM IAM products)
- Data architecture design and delivery
- Database technologies (e.g. SAP Hana, Teradata or similar) and database development (views, functions and stored procedure development).
- Relevant experience delivering business solutions using applicable technology.
Understanding of data flow from a technical and business perspective from source to output though Information management systems such as Data Warehouses and Data transformation hubs
- Understanding of Information Architecture domain (e,g DAMA / DMBOK)
- Understanding of enterprise implications of data policy as it relates to other policy domains: Security, Regulatory, Legal, Tax and Channel conflict
- Demonstrated competence with benefits, design and management of structured and unstructured content and databases / repositories (SQL, NoSQL, HDFS/Hadoop distributions, etc.) and hands-on experience with specific products
- Working knowledge of cloud-based offerings and vendor differentiation related to analytics and information processing capabilities (AWS, Azure)