Job Openings Senior HR Administrator
About the job Senior HR Administrator
Senior HR Administrator – Hillcrest, KZN (Food Retail industry)
Our client in the Food Retail sector is looking for a Senior HR Administrator to join their HR team.
- Knowledge of current laws is essential.
- Manage all Industrial Relations processes and risks with relation to performance management, disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Industrial Relations. (CCMA, Disciplinary hearings and Grievances etc.)
- Assist with Statutory Returns; EEA, SDL, WCC, etc
- Ensures legal compliance with and implementation of the relevant employment, employment equity and skills development laws.
- Manage relationships with the relevant SETA.
- Oversee the Provident fund / Medical Aid.
- Ensure that all leave is being actioned appropriately.
- Manage all the employee benefits for the companies.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of new staff.
- Assist with all of all the training and development initiatives.
- Prepare documentation associated with Job Offers, Employment Contracts and Job Descriptions.
- Maintain and update personnel information.
- Policy and procedure formulation
- Standard Operating Procedures Formulation
- Draft and update HR policies and train employees on it.
- Draft, update and implement Induction Programmes for the organisation.
- Provide counselling to staff that require confidential support in business related matters
- Stay abreast of all labour legislation and evolving needs of the employer and its employees
- Assist with the development and implementation of the overall HR strategies and initiatives in order to support current and future business needs.
- Promoting corporate values and nurture a positive working environment
- Archiving HR documents.
- Management of the Time and attendance system and leave administration
- A Degree/ Diploma in Human Resource Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five year's relevant experience gained as a HR Generalist within a HR team, preferably in a retail environment.
- A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- A working knowledge of Employment Legislation and CCMA proceedings.
- The candidate would have to show the following skills:
- High levels of confidentiality, resilience, credibility and trust.
- Accuracy in execution, attention to detail and reliability in meeting set deadlines and work with sense of urgency.
- Set priorities and uses organization and administration skills.
- Good communicator - oral & written.
- Be innovative and show initiative.
- Be self-reliant, self-motivated and take responsibility and have a sense of pride in work execution.
- Be able to work independently, as well as be a team player.