About the job Software Product Manager
Job Title: Software Product Manager
Reports To: COO Location: Remote
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt Compensation: Negotiable
Position Summary: We’re searching for an experienced and entrepreneurial Product Manager to help define product strategy, manage roadmaps, and ship engaging products and scalable systems that shape the future of our company. As a Product Manager, you'll need to help us figure out what we should build and how we should build it.
To be successful, you must be mission-driven, highly collaborative, and demonstrate deep empathy for our customers. You bring strong technical knowledge, analytical rigor, and product judgement to everyday problems, and demonstrate the ability to bring together engineers, designers, and stakeholders to deliver impactful roadmaps that ultimately drive results for the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company.
- Translate business strategy into product strategy.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they’re successful achieved.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Provide product marketing with insights on key differentiators and messages.
- Act as a product expert to build awareness and understanding.
- Working at the strategic level, propose innovative solutions for product direction, based on a combination of data, customer insights, intuition, and experience.
- Assess business, market and customer needs and lead cross-functional product teams to find the fastest path to delivering values against those needs.
- Make product decisions that drive value daily while keeping customer needs in mind.
- Participate in continuous product discovery, monitors 3rd party research and maintains an up to date understanding of the competitive landscape to recommend the best solutions and ensure that products meet users’ needs.
- Develop and evolve product roadmap based on business priorities and customer needs that deliver the highest value.
- Work with delivery teams to develop release estimates and plans for the product.
- Create, prioritize, and accept user stories; incorporate them into release planning.
- Put together rough mockups very quickly. Engineers should be able to take your spec and make it come to life (without too many unexpected hiccups along the way).
- Condense complex technical concepts into non-technical language for stakeholders
- Establish a regular cadence for communications for product stakeholders and executives to enable trust and transparency
- Manage product team and stakeholder expectations to execute on product strategy and provides education to requestors to determine prioritization based on tangible benefits and/or user experience
- Work closely with and provide direction and guidance to cross-functional delivery teams in an Agile environment
- Lead standups, iteration planning sessions, retrospectives, and product demos
- Multiple years of relevant experience to include exposure to product and development teams, UX, design thinking, Agile principles, and client facing work
- Proficiency in lateral leadership, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client’s customers.
- Experience working directly with clients and leading projects, along with developing, motivating, and leading high-performing teams
- Do not need proficiency as a designer (make things beautiful) but do need to know how to distill complicated flows into something that's intuitive and simple.
- Proficiency in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design, and development team
- Proficiency in creating, prioritizing, and accepting user stories
- Experience operating as a product manager or product owner
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context along with coaching and leading others
- Experience launching a new product from concept through launch
- Experience with driving innovation and influencing teams while keeping the end user in mind
- Experience building customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Understanding of software operations, DevOps, and security/privacy by design
- Emotional intelligence, interpersonal savvy, deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
- Bias for action: You need to get stuff done!
- A bachelor’s degree in software development, computer science, or product management, or a related field.
- A master’s degree is preferred but not necessary
- Proven work experience as a product manager, software developer, or project manager is required. At least 5-10 years of experience in a relevant company.
- Certifications from reputable institutions and associations in product management or software-related fields
- It is crucial to have extensive knowledge of various product functions, the software development process, and all things product management.
- The software product manager should be able to work with an agile methodology.
- Be able to manage and participate in the Daily Scrum and Sprint Planning.
- A deep understanding of the product vision, product launch, and other concepts is required.
- You need to have excellent communication skills for effective stakeholder communication. That includes working with cross-functional teams and managing all of them simultaneously.
- It’s necessary for you to have great interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, and research skills.
- Need to be able to develop status reports for external and executive stakeholders.
Why Intervene K-12?
We Think Intervene Is a Great Place To Work - We’re a Rapidly Growing Startup So It’s Not Perfect But…
❤️ Feel good about your work: Here at Intervene we engage and empower students to achieve their academic goals. We unlock the potential of educators and administrators, improving their ability to lead and use data to deliver world-class instruction.
🏠 Benefits: No waiting, your medical, dental, vision start on day 1.
📚 Learn and get promoted: Join us at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here.
🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely and personable.
🚀 Join a legitimately secure tech start-up