About the job Buyer (Wholesale)
In The Style is a leading pure-play online women's fashion retailer. We're all about championing female empowerment, body confidence and real beauty.
Through our collaborator model and in-house garment design, we create unique collections for all occasions. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join our Wholesale team.
This role is based in Manchester with a requirement to be in the office regularly.
A bit about the role
Buyers play a critical role at ITS, working closely with the Design and Merchandising teams to build commercial, trend-led product ranges for the business that are loved by the ITS customer.
They are collaborative, organised and strategic, at the forefront of fashion and always looking to push our ranges forward.
In partnership with Merchandising and Design; buyers are responsible for the delivery of sales and profit targets through delivering fit for purpose, relevant product in collaboration with our celebrities and influencers.
Your most important tasks
- In conjunction with Design develop a range for the department, ensuring the product reflects the brand strategy and the range is without gaps or duplication.
- Deliver the department KPI’s to drive margin and profit, ensuring that commerciality and profit is delivered.
- Anticipate the needs of the customer, using sales and trend data to deliver commercial product ranges.
- Trading effectively by identifying gaps in ranges and potentialising opportunities that will have the biggest impact on the collection performance.
- Driving cost saving initiatives or ideas to be more cost effective
- Maintaining a clear understanding of brand purpose, ensuring our ethical and sustainable principles are fully embedded in everything that we do, Looking for opportunities to use sustainable materials wherever possible.
- Use shows, Instagram and trends to drive newness within the ranges.
- Building sustainable and collaborative relationships with our supply base (UK and international) to ensure product requirements are fully understood and deadlines are met.
- Using your negotiation and influencing skills to ensure that we have accurate, sustainable and competitive cost prices.
- Ensure that all cost prices are landed correctly and accurately on the system; calculating freight onboard costs and ensuring product bibles have complete costings prior sign off.
- Accountability for ensuring data accuracy of the ranges for launch – including pricing, product info, etc.
- Ensuring samples are collated by the Assistant/ Admin in time for shoots.
- Working with the influencers/ collabs to discuss / agreed presentation of the ranges on site.
Quality Management and Product Performance
- Continual review of returns data with QA, Design and Merchandising teams to determine next steps and actions for current stock and the impacts on future ranges.
- Work in conjunction with the technical team to manage and review your product ranges by supplier to maintain high levels of quality and ensure margin is protected on failed lines.
- Review product performance, including best and worst sellers and feed in to updates for new ranges
The way you’ll work
- You are great at time management, prioritising your time and making sure that tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
- You bring your best self to work every day, remaining consistently focused and positive, remaining adaptable to fast paced environment
- You manage own workload and ensure all communication channels are checked, managed and actioned
- Reviewing competitors and keeping up to date with the latest trends
How your impact will be measured
- Critical path deadlines
- Range sell-through
- Budget management
- Quality / Returns
- Product margin
A bit about you
- You have Fashion related degree or similar and have significant experience operating as a Buyer within a fast paced and rapidly changing retailer/ online fashion business.
- You have a proven ability to drive the success of department through creative and commercial thinking.
- You also have a creative eye with strong awareness of current trends, retail market conditions and competitor activity.
- You are highly skilled at negotiation and influencing and can gain buy in from the team, influencers and management.
- You build great relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- You demonstrate an effective and inclusive leadership style, role model positive behaviours and providing your team with clear direction and development.
- And you also have strong prioritisation and system skills, including Office 365 and excel.
What you'll get in return
- Potential to achieve annual bonus
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 40% Discount on ITS clothing
- Access to On-site gym