About the job Senior Android Developer (Perm & Onsite) – Johannesburg - IS0RYYRX4XM
Senior Android Developer (Perm & Onsite) Johannesburg - IS0RYYRX4XM
POSITION: Permanent Position
COMMENCEMENT: As soon as possible
Do you know the intricacies of the Android platforms inside and out?
Are you an Android developer who pushes mobile technologies to their limits?
My client is looking for an extremely technical, self-driven, highly motivated individual to join their mobile team. This role focuses on end-to-end development & Ui/UX design, and detailed testing. You should be comfortable working in smaller teams and taking greater ownership of your work. Own the android codebase and ensure it adheres to high-quality metrics, such as unit test coverage, readability, and conformity. Be responsible for designing and developing new features as well as fixing bugs. You will also ensure that all of the company's mobile applications are secure and compliant with current industry standards.
- Diploma, Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Typically 4+ years experience or more
- Excellent knowledge and experience in developing for the Android platforms and comfortable (having excellent knowledge) with Java and Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Coroutines, etc.
- Proficient with Android SDK, Retrofit, OKHTTP, RESTful API, Git, Github, and modern libraries (Retrofit, RxJava, Moshi, etc.)
- Any experience in AWS Cloud Tech, AWS developer associate certification, or AWS Serverless development is a bonus
- Experience with offline storage, persistency, and threading (multi)
- Good understanding of UX and UI designs
- Expericence and knowledge of low-level system work is preferred (services, backgrounding)
- Familiar with RESTful APIs and JSON to interact with backend systems
- Well-versed in Unit & Automated testing techniques for Android apps. Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Strong knowledge of encryption mechanisms
- Have an awareness of Agile / Scrum methodologies or have worked in an Agile / Scrum team.
- Atlassian tool suite (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Have published one or more Android apps in the app store, a bonus
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Extensive experience using Cloud-based IDE's and CI/CD pipelines like Bitrise, CodeMagic, Fastlane, AWS pipelines, CircleCI
- Knowledge of OO design principles and development patterns