About the job Chief Financial Officer - UAE
Chief Financial Officer For a Building Materials Manufacturing Company in UAE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for all aspects of the Companys financial strategy. He will be a key member of the executive leadership team and a catalyst in leading the organization to continuously improve and evolve the way that the business operates, performs and grows.
The CFO will be responsible for the development and execution of the financial strategy that supports the companys business plans and will oversee all finance, treasury, accounting, planning, tax, risk management, legal and audit activities. He will also oversee financial accounting, system controls and standards and ensure timely financial reporting in accordance with company stakeholder requirements.
On a day-to-day basis, he will be a trusted and highly valued advisor to the CEO and other leaders to help drive organizational growth and change to ensure continued top line revenue growth, margin enhancement, debt covenant compliance and ongoing profitability.
He will contribute to setting strategic business priorities, capital allocation, and provide expertise on all financial matters affecting the company.
He will be responsible for performing cost analyses and preparing budget reports. He should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and calculate profit margins. He should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our company. Ultimately, he should build updated databases and manage cost information to maximize profitability for the company.
He will oversee the use of Information Technology (IT) in our company. He will be the one to devise the companys IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place. The goal is to ensure that the Information Technology adds the maximum value to our company to facilitate the success of our business.
He will provide leadership, vision, direction and structure to the procurement function aligned with the organizations strategic and business needs. His duty is to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people.
Key Aspects of the CFO Role
- Participate actively as one of the key leaders in the organization to help develop and execute the corporate strategy and act as a key interface with internal and external stakeholders, including the companys private equity investor.
- Provide leadership in the finance area and across the organization; be a true financial and strategic contributor develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the CEO, and the entire senior executive team to lead a proactive approach to the financial function.
- Play a key role in the growth and success of the company, ensuring the appropriate capital structure and balance sheet is in place to fund the companys growth while establishing key performance indicators to measure success and communicate results to support the business growth. An emphasis on cash flow, profitability and margin focus will be key.
- Maintain key relationships with bankers and the broader investment community.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls.
- Direct the annual financial planning process, rolling forecasting and long range business planning.
- Analyze and provide information to management pertaining to product profitability and margins, cash flow, cost controls and expenses.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Support and enhance the company culture of collaboration, teamwork, and excellence.
- Recruit, train and lead a high performance finance team.
- Manage all ongoing construction works with regard to performance and other contractual aspects.
12) Deal with FTA for VAT related matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Should have at least 10 years leadership experience within the finance function of a multi-faceted, dynamic and growth-oriented company with around 5 years experience at similar position reporting to CEO.
- 10 years of experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Preferably having related experience working for a publicly traded company
- Highly commercial and business focused. Capable of contributing to the strategy and overall leadership and direction of the company; impeccable judgment.
- A positive and professional contributor who is able to work effectively in a collegial and team oriented environment with the desire to be a part of a fast-moving, dynamic leadership team.
- Experienced at motivating individuals toward teamwork and a common purpose; assigning clear authority and accountability; integrating efforts across units and functions; monitoring results; and tackling problems directly.
- A strong communicator capable of articulating the corporate strategy both externally and internally across multiple levels in the organization.
The candidate Shall be professionally qualified with C.A or CPA degree.